Saturday, February 27, 2010

Regionals Report 2/27/10

So, I went to Regionals today with a couple friends who might end up appearing in some videos soon.

I wanted to play Dark Reverse Junk and Debris, but in testing the night before, it didn't do so well. I just went with Cyclone Monarchs.

It was very tiring, since it was 9 rounds long. Fortunately for me, I pulled a Battle Fader out of the Absolute Powerforce packs we were given. I threw it into my deck, and it was very helpful.

I don't feel like typing out long, detailed descriptions of each duel, so I'll just list the deck my opponent was using and the result. I'll also add an interesting note about each match.

Round 1: vs Gladiator Beasts - XOO
-I thought that I had lost, but Royal Oppression saved me.

Round 2: vs Final Countdown - OO
-He couldn't do anything against Dark Simorgh.

Round 3: vs Lightsworn Zombies - OXO
-He didn't run Judgment Dragon, and it was more of a Zombie deck than a Lightsworn deck. Both of my wins were a result of him decking out.

Round 4: vs Lightsworn - XOO
-Rai-Oh won me the second game and Mark of the Rose gave me the third.

I was happy with my performance at this point (4-0), but it ended up being all downhill from there.

Round 5: vs Blackwings - XOX
-Icarus Attack is evil.

Round 6: vs Lightsworn - XOX
-I lost to double Judgment Dragon first and third games.

Round 7: vs Dark Deck - XX
-It was an odd deck with a D-Hero engine and Vayu. I got terrible draws the first game and bad draws the second.

Round 8: vs Fire Synchro - XOX
-Another odd deck.; it focused on Flamvells. I got bad draws again...

Round 9: vs Blackwings - XOX
-I lost the first game to piercing and the third to Gorz.

I ended up going 4-5, which was sad. I placed 138 out of 368.

I was lucky enough to get every card I needed, including Junk Archer and two more Core Transport Units. I also got three Machina Mayhem Structure Decks, so expect to see more new decks with the dawn of the next format.

6 comments:

  1. are you planning to make a machina deck?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do want to make a Machina deck, but I'm not sure what type of variant I should use. There are already established builds, but I'm thinking about trying a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I like using Geartown, and I think that Geartown can work well with Junk and Debris, so I was thinking about combining those two variants.

    I was also thinking about putting Machina in a Cyber Dragon deck, but I don't like Cyber Dragon decks too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how does geartown work with j&d ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Black Rose Dragon or Ancient Fairy Dragon can destroy Geartown for a free Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.