Saturday, May 5, 2012

Tournament Report 5/5/12

So, I was able to go to locals today, as usual.  I took my Scrap Worm deck, which I haven't even touched since two weeks ago.

There were 18 players here today, with most of them being regulars.  Unfortunately, my first opponent ended up being...

Round 1: vs Six Samurai

JB.  He wasn't too happy that we were paired up in Round 1.

-Duel 1: He passes his first turn, then uses Heavy Storm on my two Set cards and swarms with two Uniteds.  I had to use my Traps on his Utopia so I wouldn't die, meaning that I couldn't get around his Naturia Beast.
-Duel 2: I went first and Set Gozen Match and another Trap.  When he summoned Elder and Kagemusha, Gozen Match forced him to make Naturia Beast.  He flipped Macro Cosmos on my turn to prevent any Scrap shenanigans, but that also shut off his Naturia Beast's effect.  So, I played Scrapyard to search for Scrap Beast, then played Mind Control to steal his Beast.  With both Beasts, I made Scrap Twin Dragon and won with that.
-Duel 3: He didn't draw much back row, so I was able to capitalize pretty easily with Scrap Dragon.

Round 2: vs Six Samurai

This was my Round 1 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: I went first and made a Worm Xex play, forcing him to make a sub-optimal Kageki into Kizan play.  With that momentum, I was able to beat him down with Scrap Dragon thanks to Monster Reborn.
-Duel 2: He opened Reinforcement of the Army and Shien's Smoke Signal to grab Kageki and Kagemusha, then played two Super Rare Six Samurai United (the fact that they're Super Rare is very important...) and swarmed me with T.G. Hyper Librarian and Naturia Beast.  On the following turn, he made Shi En and Naturia Barkion, so I died quite quickly.
-Duel 3: I don't really remember how I won.  I think it was due to Worm Xex beatdown.

Round 3: vs Six Samurai

This was my Round 3 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: He opened with Reinforcement of the Army and Shien's Smoke Signal to grab Kageki and Kagemusha, then played two Rare Six Samurai Uniteds (if they were Super Rare, maybe he would've won this game...).  He made Shi En with Kizan backing it and Set two back rows before ending.  I summoned Worm Xex, but he used Solemn Warning.  That left me free to use Pot of Duality to grab a Worm Yagan.  I Set three back rows and ended.  He summoned another Kizan, then attacked with all three.  After that, he flipped Cunning of the Six Samurai, which I had to negate with my Solemn Judgment.  He ended at that.  I flipped Book of Moon on my turn to target his Shi En, then flipped my bluff Dark Hole to destroy his Samurai.  I Set Worm Yagan and ended.  He summoned Shi En again somehow and ended with one back row.  I Flip Summoned the Worm Yagan, bouncing his Shi En, then summoned Scrap Beast.  I made Thought Ruler Archfiend and attacked him.  He couldn't deal with it, so I won.
-Duel 2: He went first with a Mizuho, Kizan, and four back rows.  I Special Summoned Cyber Dragon and ran over the Mizuho before Setting three back rows.  From there, it was just my Cyber Dragon killing all of his Samurai while he locked me down with Rivalry of Warlords.  He tried to make a Mizuho play, but I flipped Gozen Match to cut it off.  He couldn't kill that one Cyber Dragon, which was the only Monster I needed for the whole duel, apparently.

So, after beating all of the Six Samurai players there today, I gained the title of "Samurai Killer."  Yay, I guess.  I mean, I guess people forgot that I made the Scrap Worm deck in the Six Samurai format to beat Six Samurai... That was the whole point of the deck...

By the way, I was one of the last three remaining undefeated players.  I ended up getting paired down.

Round 4: vs Dino Rabbit

This was my Round 2 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: I was keeping control of the duel from the beginning with my Thought Ruler Archfiend, but he used Gold Sarcophagus for Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning, which eventually killed my Thought Ruler.  I was able to make Catastor using Zephyros and Effect Veiler, but he had an Effect Veiler to stop Catastor from killing the BLS.  So, I died to that BLS...
-Duel 2: I didn't draw any Scraps, but I was able to deal with all of his Monsters with Traps and beat him down with Worms.
-Duel 3: He flipped Macro Cosmos on me, and all I drew was Monsters, so I couldn't do anything.

So, I ended up going 3-1 and getting 3rd place.  Kind of disappointing, since I lost to a bad Dino Rabbit player, but it happens, I guess.  At least I got enough store credit for some sleeves and a Rivalry of Warlords.

But yeah, I was able to get some more cards for the Hieratic deck I'm making from some of my friends.  Now, all I need is one more Gaia Dragon, one more Atum, a Number 25: Force Focus, and two Tefnuit.  If I can find the Tefnuits, then I'll pick them up right away, but I think I'll wait on the Xyz Monsters, since they'll probably go down in price.

I was also able to get a T.G. Hyper Librarian (really late, I know...) and an Infernity Barrier.  So, now I can make Infernities or Junk Doppel or something.  Yeah, we'll see, I guess.

8 comments:

  1. Acheivement unlocked

    Killer of samurais. LOLOLOL.
    No idea why never see any scraps in my locals. >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that Scraps were a lot more expensive in the OCG than in the TCG. For the money you would spend on a Scrap deck, you could probably get an Inzektor deck...

      Delete
  2. make junk doppel!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, we'll see. I don't think that it's that good of a choice for this meta, seeing as how everyone is playing Shadow-Imprisoning Mirrors and Effect Veilers.

      Delete
  3. that dino rabbit player hewas so bad, it's a good thing he topped that macro or he woulda been screwed

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's up Mr. Grunty. Hey the video is up with your feature match with "Dino Rabbit" Laters. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdSt_DCYKf0

    ReplyDelete
  5. can you post your worm scrap?. im interested on using worm as a engine but cant seem to find the right proportion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'll be giving out my current Scrap Worm deck list anytime soon, but I've done deck profiles on it before.

      I think that the optimal ratio is three Worm Xex and two Worm Yagan. If you use a Worm Yagan that was revived for its own effect for an Xyz Summon, it'll go back to the Graveyard after it is detached, so you can reuse it and such.

      Delete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.