Thursday, May 10, 2012

Random Stuff #42

So, my next three weeks are going to be filled with homework.  I'm a little ahead of schedule, though, so I figured that I could type up a blog post...

I've been looking into Kaijudo quite a bit, and it looks really cool.  In addition to new Creatures like Tatsurion the Unchained, Razorkinder Puppet of Miasma Pit, Reef Prince Glu-Urrgle, and Aqua Seneschal, there's also plenty of Creatures from the previous version of the game, like Marrow Ooze, Sniper Mosquito, and Stonesaur.  I've been playing the Kaijudo Battle Game, and it's pretty interesting.  A lot of it is luck, but there is quite a bit of strategy involved.  I've finished all of the stages, though, so I don't think I'll be playing it anymore for now.  It was nice to at least see a glimpse of what the real game would be like by seeing some of the cards.

But yeah, I'm going to try and get two of the Battle Decks so that I could have multiples of each of the cards.  From what we know, there are 80 cards between the two decks and 43 unique cards.  Because Tatsurion and Razorkinder are most likely one-of's, that means that the remaining 78 cards contain 41 unique cards.  That means some will certainly have multiples while some will not.  So, I'll have to figure it out once I finally get the decks or when the contents get spoiled, whichever comes first.  Regardless, I'm really excited; I'll probably make a video of me opening the decks and I may start making Kaijudo videos.

In other news, the prize cards for Yu-Gi-Oh Battle Pack tournaments have been announced.  Some of them are cool.  The only ones I would be disappointed to get are Blackwing Armor Master, Gleipnir, and Coelacanth.  That's simply because I already have so many of each of those cards that are already holo, except Coelacanth, which I don't care about (and Aki has Ultra Rares anyways).  The cards only available at YCS's, World Championship Qualifiers, and such would be incredibly hard to get.  Next time I get to go to a YCS, I might just spend all of my time on Battle Pack tournaments just to get those cards.  Otherwise, they're all easily obtainable cards, so I won't really care if I can't get any Starfoil versions.

Speaking of easily obtainable cards, apparently Tefnuits are not easily obtainable, since they're the last Main Deck cards I need for my Hieratic deck and I'm still searching for them.  I've been using Photon Leo as a proxy for it, but I'd like to have the whole deck fairly soon.  But yeah, from what I've seen, the deck works pretty well with Hanzos and Vortex Troopers, but the OTK is really the only win condition.  I guess that locking the opponent down with Photon Strike Bounzer or something is good, too, but it's not hard to get around.  Eh, we'll see what happens.

For now, I'll be sticking to my Scrap Worms.  They've served me well, bla bla, sentimental stuff, bla bla.  Really though, it's not a bad call for my locals.  Its bad match-ups are Dino Rabbit and Chaos Dragons, but if I can sit on a Scrap Dragon, the latter isn't very difficult, and I'll just have to side more against the former.  One change that I'm thinking about making since GAOV is now legal is adding my Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger to my Extra Deck in case I use Mind Control on a Rank 5 or 6 Xyz Monster.  Theoretically, I could also use it by overlaying something like a Scrap Archfiend and another Level 7 Monster, but that's probably not going to happen.  So far, the Extra Deck is kind of packed (I even dropped Colossal Fighter), so I'm not sure what else I could take out.  Theoretically, I don't need to use three Scrap Dragons anymore because of the advent of Xyz Monsters, but it's nice to have them.  Honestly, I can't remember the last time I used three Scrap Dragons in one duel since Xyz Monsters were released.  Maybe it'll be worth a try...

Also, on a random note, I ran into my Round 6 opponent from this tournament today (really yesterday, since it's after midnight).  It was really weird, since I didn't realize it at first.  I thought that he was some guy from one of my classes or something, since I did recognize him, but didn't remember from where.  After thinking about it over lunch, I realized who he was, and it was really interesting to see him at school of all places.  I don't know if he still plays Yu-Gi-Oh, since I haven't seen him for over a year and a half, but it was nice seeing him again, even though we didn't like talk or anything.  But yeah, that was just a random thing that happened to me today.

So yeah, now to go back to suffering through homework and being excited about Kaijudo.

1 comment:

  1. Im looking forward to playing Kaijudo as well. Ive always wanted to play duel masters, but never got around to it. Now, besides YGO, I have cardfight vanguard as well, and now with this interest in kaijudo, that will make 3 games. Gonna be an interesting year to be sure.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.