Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Making Hieratics in the TCG

So, seeing as how the TCG just got Hieratics in Galactic Overlord, I've been thinking about how best to make the deck.

First, I was thinking about using their support Traps, like Seal of Banishment and Seal of Reflection.  In theory, they sound nice.  However, I thought about it a little more and realized that you don't really have enough Hieratics that you can Normal Summon and throw away for these Traps.  Sure, you can grab a Seal of the Sun Dragon Overlord to tribute for a second Trap, but that's not that great.  You can't just throw away the few Hieratics that you can Normal Summon, otherwise you won't have any left for the OTK combos.

So, I'm thinking about just going with the usual OTK-based Hieratic deck, minus Cardcar D's and Gustaph Max.  I understand that the deck can do well without Gustaph Max, and I'm willing to try it out.  However, it seems as though the deck needs Cardcar D, because it gives Hieratics a solid Normal Summon and baits Effect Veiler.

Without access to Cardcar D, I'll have to figure out other good Normal Summon plays for Hieratics.  I could just splash in Worms randomly, since they're good, but there's no synergy.  I guess they deal with Dino Rabbits, which could be a bad match-up, but I don't know if it's worth it.  Hanzo seems like a common choice, letting you grab Ninjitsu Art of Super-Transformation.  It works both as disruption and as a way to search for combo pieces.  The main problem I have with that is that you can draw your Ninjitsu Arts before your Ninja, and that really sucks.

However, it may work when combined with Vortex Trooper.  Yeah, Vortex Trooper.  Known as Air Circulator in the OCG, it can act as a pseudo-Cardcar D while putting Normal Monsters and Ninjitsu Arts back into the deck.  It provides a fairly stable Normal Summon and can cause your opponent to stumble into a Tefnuit play pretty easily.  So far, this feels like the best option behind Cardcar D.

Another problem I've been having is whether or not I should find room for Nebthet in the deck.  I like it, because when combined with Curse of Dragon, I could make Rank 5 Xyz, which are some of the best Xyz we have at the moment.  I could probably also splash in Instant Fusion and whatnot.  But yeah, having Nebthet can mean that I have higher chances of drawing into hands that will let me swarm.

Consider the following play:  Normal Summon Eset and tribute it to Special Summon Nebthet.  Eset can Special Summon either Curse of Dragon or Watttaildragon.  With Curse of Dragon, I could immediately make a Rank 5 Xyz.  If I have another Hieratic in my hand, though, I would grab Watttaildragon.  I could tribute that Hieratic from my hand to use Nebthet's effect, destroying an opponent's Monster and Special Summoning Luster Dragon #2.  With the two Normal Dragons, I could make Atum and Special Summon Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon from my deck.  REDMD would revive Eset and I could then make a Rank 5 Xyz with Eset and Nebthet.

Even without Curse of Dragon, I could still make a pretty powerful play with a tech Nebthet.  The decision is whether I play two Nebthet and a Curse of Dragon or just one Nebthet.  I guess it also depends on how much room I'll have in the deck.

I'd also have to decide upon a Trap line-up.  I honestly have no idea; this would depend on the rest of the deck and how much room I have left.  I'd like to have defensive Traps like Bottomless Trap Hole, but they kind of interfere with Tefnuit plays.  I might have to just deal with using Raigeki Break and other offensive Traps.

And after all that is done, I'd have to figure out a Side Deck.  I'd rather not think about that at the moment, though...

By the way, I still need a bunch of Hieratic cards.  Here's the list of the main ones I still need:

Hieratic Dragon of Su
Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit x3
Hieratic Seal of Convocation
Hieratic Dragon King of Atum
Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger x3
Number 25: Force Focus

I realize that the last two aren't Hieratics, but I still need them for the deck.  So yeah, if you go to my locals and happen to have those cards for trade/sale, please let me know...

24 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm thinking about using Hanzo and Vortex Trooper. I also read that LGQ would play Jurrac Guaibas if he had them, but I'm not sure about how to fit them in.

      Delete
  2. I think you will have a hard time with Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger!

    Many people, myself included want to use it because you can even summon him by using your opponent's xyz monster you stole with Mind Control or Electric Virus!

    It's a good move even outside of Hieroglyph!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are you going to Xyz Change into using Electric Virus...? The only thing that comes to mind is Atum, but it's very rare to see one left out like that... Perhaps Force Focus or Zenmaio, but you don't exactly side Electric Virus for those...

      The thing is that people here don't know how good Gaia Dragon is, so it shouldn't be too hard to get. I mean, it costs less than Hieratic Dragon King of Atum, and it's practically required to even use Atum, so it should therefore cost more, right? But many people don't know this yet.

      Delete
  3. For your info, OCG Holy Marked play 2 or 3 Nephthe and 0 lv5 vanilla. when they have to stop at Nephthe, they really stop without overlaying into anything, leaving a field of Nephthe and Emerald Dragon.

    And perhaps because we have Sacred Pleiades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, it was my understanding that OCG builds played one Nebthet, if any.

      Delete
  4. OCG builds run 2-3 Nephthe and rarely any Level 5 vanillas. However, Curse of Dragon is a good tech. Nephthe is there as replacement just in case you don't draw into Su for combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm leaning towards running one Nebthet, since the deck is kind of packed and it's easily searchable.

      Delete
    2. Some decks I saw only run 1 level 6 normal monster as hieratic efect can special summon the dragon from grave. As long as you go atums, detach the normal lvl 6 dragon to grave, the rest shld be quite auto.

      Delete
  5. Read up on one of our ancient post on Holy marked

    http://wdf-academy.blogspot.com/2012/02/pure-lv-6-hieroglyph-build.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delta Flyer is an interesting idea, though I don't really like Tragoedia because I feel like it interferes with the OTK plays and you don't usually have many cards in hand without Cardcar D.

      Actually, how well does the deck work without Cardcar D? From what I've seen, the deck practically requires Cardcar D to draw into combos quickly.

      Delete
    2. It depends (I died to it like god knows how many times).

      However, you are right abt Card Car D, it makes the deck more consistant. However, if it was me, I will nvr put 3. It can be dead at times
      (Reason 1: if you got no cards in hand and you draw the car. You will be cursing)
      (Reason 2: Veilers)
      (Reason 3: If you run 3 POD, and you reveal 2 card car D. You will scream. My Inzektor friend got hit by this situation tons of time. Trust me on this)

      My friend switch his built already (He blends in Giski into the deck).

      That post was quite ancient. It is when GAOV 1st came out in OCG. Just giving you a Guide line.

      You have to be careful of Chain Disappearance. In Singapore locals. There are people who main Chain D just to hit REDMD.

      Oh yeah, as for normal dragon monster, just stick to level 6. And do not run the lvl 6 normal dragon monsters with the same names. (Reason: Chain Disapp)

      Delete
    3. I'll consider the Delta Flyer, but I'm going to try the more Xyz-based version for now.

      As for Cardcar D, it's way too expensive for me to get three in the TCG, so I don't think I'll be getting any.

      I want to run the Gishki version, but we'll have to wait for Hidden Arsenal 7 for Constellar/Sacred Ptolemys M7 and such.

      I've been watching videos of Hieratics being used in the OCG, so I've picked up on the whole Chain Disappearance thing. In the TCG, though, I don't think anyone mains it. It's not as effective here as it is in the OCG, so it's more of a Side Deck card if people even use it at all.

      Delete
    4. If you want, I can asked my friend ( He is one of the blog authors of the blog) to post his decklist online on WDF blog.

      Delete
    5. http://wdf-academy.blogspot.com/2012/05/hieroglyph-ritua-gishkiglyphs.html

      Lightgruuty. My Friend put up his built already. Gishkiglyphs. Go and check it out and troll people. Other viewers, pls feel free to neckdeck this

      If it is good, just tell them where the original source is from. We want more views!!

      Spread our name trololo. Just remember, leave the credits to us as the original decklist recipe thanks. Netdecking is not illegal. Peace people.

      Delete
    6. Unfortunately, the TCG cannot make use of this deck until Hidden Arsenal 7 comes out, and we don't even have Hidden Arsenal 6...

      Delete
    7. However, in your opinion. Please rate this deck from 1 to 10

      Delete
    8. I don't really rate decks like that. With all of the complexity that this game provides, it's hard to objectify a deck into a number between 1 and 10.

      I will say that the deck looks pretty good. It seems to be a standard build that focuses entirely on the Gustkrake loop, though I would try to find room for some Traps like Raigeki Break. Usually, I see decks like this play Raigeki Break and Solemn Judgment as their only Traps, and it seems like a good idea.

      Delete
  6. Oh yeah, one more thing. Looking through the Hieratic deck. They usully ran either 1 or 2 Gaia dragon. It is a generic card but OTK usually ends with 2 of them only. And this deck is not scared of veilers and Demon chain as u can overlay the atums, or banish it for a REDMD. I seen the top list in my locals, Ususally, 2 REDMD is needed


    For control, throw in a bouncer to negate 1 monster effect. Bouncer is more better than Focus force despite it having 100 atk lower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While Bounzer is usually better, Focus Force can negate effects that Bounzer can't. The main thing is that Focus Force can negate Tragoedia's whole effect, whereas Bounzer can only negate the effects that activate.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, you are right about that, got to admit everything got pros and cons. Damn it, why can't we get the best of everything. Damn you Yu-Gi-Oh. :P

      Delete
  7. Yes it is true. Some don't even run a Nebthet. Su is more boss and ideal if you want a very aggro deck. Level 6 is the ideal method for Holy marked. As you can see there are more rank 6 than 5 so going rank 6 gives more options

    ReplyDelete
  8. How is force focus better?! Bounzer can negate xyz and focus can't

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While Bounzer is usually better, Focus Force can negate effects that Bounzer can't. The main thing is that Focus Force can negate Continuous Effects, whereas Bounzer can only negate the effects that activate.

      Delete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.