Saturday, May 19, 2012

Tournament Report 5/19/12

As usual, I went to locals with my Scrap Worms.  Yeah, the deck has been doing pretty well at locals, so there hasn't been much reason to switch.  Maybe when I finish the Hieratic deck, I'll try them out, but I still need one last Atum, so yeah.

There were 20 or so players there today and less than half of them were regulars.

Round 1: vs Junk Machina Expresso - OXO

That's what Yugilo named his random deck with Junk Synchron, a Machina engine, and Rocket Arrow Express in it.  Yeah, the Rocket Arrow Express doesn't do anything unless he's top-decking or is using it to revive Machina Fortress.

I think that he's going to upload videos of these duels, so I won't give an in depth description of the match.  So, check out his channel for when he uploads them.

Round 2: vs Quickdraw Junk Doppel - OO

What's with all of the Junk today...?

-Duel 1: He opened with three back rows, then played Tuning for Quickdraw Synchron and milled Solemn Judgment.  I Set three back rows and Worm Yagan.  He summoned Card Trooper, milling Pot of Avarice, Level Eater, and some other card.  When it attacked my Yagan, I bounced it, and he ended.  I drew, Set a card, and passed.  He summoned Junk Synchron to revive Level Eater and make Armory Arm.  I took 1800 damage directly and he ended his turn.  I topped Scrap Beast and summoned it.  He let it through, so I played Mind Control (I still want this banned, by the way) to steal his Armory Arm and Synchro Summon Stardust Dragon.  He used Torrential Tribute on the summon, so I negated with Stardust Dragon and revived it in the End Phase.  He used Mirror Force when I attacked with Stardust on the following turn, so I negated that, too.  I took some burn from Magic Cylinder the turn after that, but then he ran out of Traps.  And with Stardust Dragon protecting my four back rows, there wasn't much he could do.
-Duel 2: Neither of us opened with many Monsters.  We both just Set random cards for a while, then he randomly summoned Magical Android using two Level Eaters that he had Set along with a Junk Synchron he summoned with no targets.  Bottomless Trap Hole banished his Android, and Chain Disappearance banished his Nimble Momongas.  After a while, I was able to summon a Scrap Beast and beat him down a little bit.  He summoned Junk Synchron to revive Level Eater, and I locked him down with Gozen Match.  I got another Scrap Beast using Scrapyard and beat him down for a while before finally being able to make Scrap Dragon to control the game.

There were four undefeated players left at this point.  Me, JB, AquaBass (my Round 3 opponent from this tournament), and my Round 4 opponent from this tournament.

Round 3: vs Dino Rabbit - XX

I was paired up against JB.  He always gets frustrated when we have to play each other in tournament because he says it's intimidating to play against me.  But regardless, he won this match pretty decisively.  I'm pretty sure Yugilo got videos of this match, too, so I won't bother typing out everything.

Round 4: vs Six Samurai - OO

This was my Round 2 opponent from this tournament.  The funny thing is that he gave AquaBass the win earlier when they were paired up in Round 2 because he wanted to avoid playing against me in the semi-finals or finals.  How ironic.

-Duel 1: He went first and opened up with United into Kageki and Elder.  He drew two using United, then played a second United and Special Summoned Kizan.  He overlaid the Kageki and Elder for M-X-Saber Invoker to Special Summon another Kizan and draw two cards off of United.  He Set two back rows, overlaid for Utopia, and ended.  I used MST to blindly destroy one of his Traps, then played Mind Control to steal Utopia. I Xyz Chaos Changed it into Utopia Ray and he responded with Compulsory Evacuation Device.  So I summoned Scrap Chimera to run over Invoker and Set two cards.  He blindly used MST on my Scrapstorm, which I Chained to put Scrap Beast into the Graveyard.  He Set some back rows and passed.  I Set Worm Yagan and ended.  He Special Summoned Elder and Grandmaster, then attacked with Grandmaster, but I used Fiendish Chain to stop it.  I then used Scrapyard for Scrap Goblin and Set it.  After a while, I was able to make Scrap Dragon and wreck his field, since he apparently couldn't draw his Kagemusha.
-Duel 2: He opened Kageki and Kagemusha into Shi En and Set two back rows.  I summoned Worm Xex and used its effect to dump Worm Yagan.  He responded with Book of Moon to put Xex face-down so that I couldn't revive Yagan.  I Set three cards and ended.  He used Night Beam to target my Fiendish Chain.  I Chained Compulsory Evacuation Device to target his Shi En.  He Chained Shi En's effect, and I Chained the Fiendish Chain he targeted with Night Beam to negate Shi En's effect.  So I was able to bounce his Shi En.  He played United and summoned Kagemusha.  I used Dust Tornado to destroy his United, and he used Asceticism to summon an Elder from his deck.  He made Shi En again and ran over my Set Worm Xex.  I topped another Worm Xex and summoned it to dump and revive the second Yagan.  He drew and Set a card before attacking over my Xex.  I played Heavy Storm to destroy his one Set card, a bluff United, then Flip Summoned Worm Yagan to bounce his Shi En again.  I then summoned Scrap Chimera (with no targets, again...) and attacked with both before creating an overlay network to Xyz Summon Utopia.  He drew and passed.  I attacked with Utopia again and Set a bluff.  He played Night Beam, destroying my Scrapstorm, and ended.  I attacked again with Utopia and ended.  He drew and scooped, showing me Grandmaster and some other dead card (Magatama or Warning, I think).

So, I ended up going 3-1 and getting 3rd place, which is pretty good, I suppose.  JB ended up winning the tournament, and AquaBass got 2nd (as a result of conspiracies mentioned above), so congratulations to both of them.

With my winnings, I got a Naturia Pineapple and some Magic-sized sleeves so that I'll have them when Kaijudo comes out.  I'm still really excited for Kaijudo...

The reasoning behind the Naturia Pineapple is this: a Naturia engine consisting of one Pineapple and three Naturia Marron.  When you draw and summon the first Marron, you can use it to send Pineapple to the Graveyard from your deck.  Then, after that Marron dies, when you summon the second Marron, you send the third Marron to the Graveyard.  Then, you use Marron's second effect to send the two Marrons in your Graveyard back to your deck to draw a card.  You can do this every time you summon Marron after the first one.  This is just a random idea I came up with.  There's no deck that can make use of this engine very effectively that I can think of at the moment, but it may come up someday and cause Naturia Marron to become a good card.  Just something to think about, I guess.

So yeah, Scrap Worms did alright again, I guess.  I should probably side more against Dino Rabbit, though it's pretty difficult to side against that deck, especially when they go first.  We'll see, I guess.

13 comments:

  1. I take offense to the conspiracies between me and Shi-en lol its all business haha. Plus I doubt he has a good match up against you unless he mains rivalry good post again though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course he doesn't have a good match-up against me. I'm the "Samurai Killer", LOL.

      Delete
    2. All hail the "Samurai Killer", fear him to the core Shi-en

      Delete
    3. Ur locals no inzektors? Or Hieratics? It is high time they started to rape TCG meta, like how they dominate in my locals

      Delete
    4. Well, all of the Inzektor players switched to Chaos Dragons back when Chaos Dragons Top 2'd two different YCS's in the same weekend. Maybe they'll switch back to Inzektors, but I don't know. I've actually been thinking about using Inzektors, since they're not as linear now that they have Ladybug/Gruf.

      As for Hieratics, we don't have Gustaph Max, meaning that the easy OTK isn't possible. Also, many of the players at my locals tend to wait until deck lists are released from YCS's so that they can net-deck them. There is a YCS going on this weekend, and if Hieratics do well, then I'd expect to start seeing Hieratics at locals.

      As you know, I'm still working on my Hieratic deck. I was testing it out a bit after the tournament today, and I'm not really satisfied with the deck. I feel like if my opponent plays a bunch of back row, then there's nothing I can do. That's the only problem I've been having so far, but I'll figure out a way to deal with that.

      Delete
  2. Sorry about the videos. It will be up tonight and tomorrow. Our duel was pass my 15 minutes so I had to cut some stuff out, such as stalling and just shuffling hands. So maybe I'll get the pass 15 minutes from Youtube one day and that will make my videos easier to upload without editing it. Great tourney post as always and thanks for the shout-outs to my channel. With your help now I can get more than 30 views...... yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. can you give your scrap worm deck list? i really interested with that deck and want to have fun with that in dueling network

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not giving out the deck list at the moment, but the basic engine of the deck is pretty self-explanatory. I use three Worm Xex, two Worm Yagan, three Scrap Chimera, three Scrap Beast, one Scrap Goblin, two Scrapyards, and two Scrapstorms. The rest are staples or preference choices. For instance, I'm using Foolish Burial and Blackwing - Zephyros the Elite at the moment, but they're not necessary.

      I mean, that's part of what I like about the deck. It's quite flexible, so you can fit a lot of different tech into the deck, but it does get packed pretty quickly.

      Delete
  4. how many coth, torrential, cyber dragon, photon thrasher, fiendish chain you use in main deck?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, how many of each do you think you should run in this type of deck? Those are all the random cards that aren't standard, meaning that those are the cards I'm hiding by not revealing my deck list.

      Perhaps you should try out different amounts of each card and see for yourself what works best.

      Delete
    2. can you at least tell your deck size? it is 40/41?

      Delete
    3. Right now, I'm using a 41-card deck.

      Delete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.