Saturday, April 17, 2010

Tournament Report 4/17/10

I got to go to locals with Deceiver. I was playing Cyclone Monarchs, which I had changed quite a bit, and he was playing his new Zombie deck. He doesn't have all of the cards for it, yet, but I lent him some and a whole Extra Deck.

Round 1: vs Flamvell/Lightsworn

This guy was playing some Lightsworn stuff, some Flamvell stuff, D.D. Warrior Ladies, and other stuff. I really had no idea what he was playing. But, I won both duels, even though I forgot how.

Round 2: vs Quickdraw Plants

My opponent was the guy who I played in Round 1 of this tournament. I don't think I've said this before, but he's a pretty cool guy. He explained that he was playing Quickdraw Plants because he was tired of Synchro Cat mirror matches. He was sitting next to me for Round 3 at Regionals, so he had an idea behind what I was playing.

-Duel 1: It was very back and forth. He kept getting advantage off of Ryko and Pot of Avarice. It was close, but I lost.
-Duel 2: I got rid of his Cyber Valley with Chimeratech Fortress Dragon, which I main in my Extra Deck. After a bit, I dropped Dark Simorgh, set a bunch of stuff backed by Starlight Road, and won from there.
-Duel 3: I got a pretty terrible hand and was stuck doing nothing for a while. He pulled off a Drill Warrior (I was very saddened...) and killed me with Caiuses.

Throughout the tournament, I talked to him about various aspects of the deck. He was playing Light and Darkness Dragon, but he acknowledged that Dark Simorgh is also a good choice. We also talked about the Extra Deck for this type of deck. It's actually pretty hard to make a good Extra Deck for it, but that story's for another post...

Round 3: vs Plants

-Duel 1: Forgot how I won.
-Duel 2: His opening was Lonefire Blossom for Gigaplant, Supervise, revive Lonefire, sacrifice for Tytannial, and set a card. Yeah, I can do so much against that...
Duel 3: His Morphing Jar only solidified my imminent victory.

Round 4: vs Hopeless Dragon

-Duel 1: I OTK'd him.
-Duel 2: I got killed by Koa'ki Meiru Drago.
-Duel 3: I got my Drill Warrior out and killed him with his own Stardust Dragon.

Round 5: vs Chaos Fairies

This guy was running more Darks than Lights. The Fairies were for Kristya, and he was also running stuff like Doomcaliber Knight.

-Duel 1: I got killed by Dark Armed Dragon.
-Duel 2: I went for exactly game with Caius and his Rai-Oh that I stole with Mark of the Rose.
-Duel 3: I dropped Turbo Warrior early, unsure of what his set Monster was. It was nothing, but I took control with multiple Caiuses and multiple Traps.

So I went 4-1, and Deceiver went 3-2. I got 5th! Only the top 4 get store credit, so I was very saddened... I guess my tie-breakers weren't very good... On top of that, I forgot to get the Fusion Gate that Aki needed...

Either way, it was pretty fun. I liked how my deck worked, since I was unsure of how the Cyber Valleys would work and I didn't know about not using Plaguespreader Zombie or Gale. It worked out well, even without those Tuners, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.