Saturday, April 10, 2010

Regionals Report 4/10/10

I was able to go to Regionals again with Katana. I was running Cyclone Synchro, which is a newer version of my old Cyclone Monarchs. Obviously, it focuses more on Synchros.

I only played five of the ten rounds, so I'll be able to write more details about the rounds I did play.

After being seated for the first round, I was able to meet DarkZeroHour501st. He was pretty cool, but we didn't really talk much.

Round 1: vs Machina Gadgets

My worse match-up. Very sad.

-Duel 1: I was able to mount a comeback near the end, but I got killed by Limiter Removal.
-Duel 2: I stalled behind two Legendary Jujitsu Masters in the beginning and kept poking for damage to win.
-Duel 3: He killed my Dark Simorgh and Drill Warrior and his Machina Fortress that I stole with Mark of the Rose with Mirror Force. He hadn't activated it for the whole duel, so I thought it was a bluff. He killed me with Gadgets from there.

Round 2: vs Synchro Cat

-Duel 1: I opened up with two Caius, two Dark Simorgh, and some other stuff. Pretty bad, I know. But, I drew out of it and was able to drop Dark Simorgh to prevent him from doing anything.
-Duel 2: I use Nitro Warrior to kill both of his Arcanite Magicians after he used Cold Wave. I was able to win from there.

Round 3: vs Monarchs

This guy was kind of a newb...

-Duel 1: I miscalculated an OTK, not having enough room left of my field to pull off all of the Synchros, so he was left with 2800. I used Junk Archer to remove his Cyber Valley and used Solemn Judgment on his Mirror Force so I could win next turn, though.
-Duel 2: He played Hand Destruction, letting me set up for Dark Simorgh. So, that Dark Simorgh prevented him from doing basically anything.

Round 4: vs Blackwings

-Duel 1: I got OTK'd.
-Duel 2: I got a bunch of removal to mess him up with, and I was able to win.
-Duel 3: He dropped Gorz and Stardust Dragon and I couldn't get through his Mirror Force.

After this round, I had some fun duels against the guy I dueled against at the Absolute Powerforce Sneak Preview. I messed him up with Monarchs and Drill Warrior in multiple duels. I had to leave for the next round before we could finish a duel which would have probably won.

Round 5: vs Lightsworn

-Duel 1: He decked out after leaving Ehren on the field for a long, long time.
-Duel 2: I OTK'd him with Nitro Warrior, Dark Simorgh, and his Brionac which I stole with Mark of the Rose.

Katana was doing pretty poorly, and I wasn't going to win anything even with an X-2 record, so we decided to drop and leave. Katana traded for a Battle Fader, which he gave to me to pay off the money he owed me. I also got a Hundred-Eyes Dragon and two Hobby League Royal Decrees.

Ultimately, the Regional was pretty good, and all of the people I played were pretty cool, so I had a good time. It also helped me test out my Cyclone Synchro deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.