Thursday, September 20, 2012

Random Stuff #50

Apparently, Thursday is now Random Stuff day.  It probably won't be that way for long, since my school starts back up next Thursday.  But yeah, I have nothing really to do until then...

So, my friend who plays Vanguard said that he told a couple of people at locals last weekend that they should start playing Vanguard, and they were all like, "Alright," and dropped like $80 on Trial Decks and booster packs.  Wow.  Well, at least there should be enough people for the Vanguard tournament Saturday morning.  So there's that.  My Vanguard deck is still incomplete, but it should be good enough to beat some newbs, given they don't get super lucky.

I've actually been wondering if it's worth running a deck focusing on Mr. Invincible and Dragonic Overlord.  Yeah, I can utterly destroy the front row, but it's the back row that's really important.  I mean, they can replace their Grade 2's and 3's in the front row and still force out 10k guards.  But, if I destroy the back row, they can't replenish them as easily, allowing me to guard with 5k against their rear-guards.  Obviously, the best-case scenario is if they can't replace their front row units and lose those attacking lines altogether, but people play more Grade 2/3's than Grade 1's (not to mention people play up to 4 perfect guards, which are almost never used as boosters).  It makes me feel like I should switch to a Goku Kagero variant with multiple copies of Demonic Dragon Mage, Kimnara so that I can kill all of their boosters.  Dragonic Overlord would have to take a back seat, and it's pretty gimmicky anyways.  For now, it doesn't matter, but I will discuss it with my friend who plays Vanguard when I get the chance.

I fixed my Kaijudo deck, adding a Fire section while trimming down the Light and Darkness sections.  The Water section basically stayed the same, since I like the 12 Water cards I've been using.  It's helpful to be able to stack the bottom of my deck with Reef Prince Glu-urrgle so that I can hit double criticals on my drive checks.  Oh wait, wrong game.  And I don't even like using Critical Triggers.  I might just go back to using all Stands, we'll see.

As for Yu-Gi-Oh, I haven't really been working on a new deck.  It feels like there's no point, since my Nordic Diva deck works well enough.  I'll probably try Atlanteans when they come out, since I have my Duel Terminal Genex Undines and Genex Controllers sitting here on my desk.  I could probably borrow one of Aki's Gungnirs, and that should do it until Abyss Rising comes out.

Aki has actually been working on a Yubel deck that uses Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys.  For some reason, our box of Ra Yellow Mega Packs that we got a while ago only had one first form Yubel, so that's kind of inconvenient.  So, if anyone at locals who reads this happens to have any Rare Yubels from Ra Yellow, then let me know.  We need two more for the deck.  I'll probably text all of you guys tomorrow anyways, since half of you only read my blog on the weekends.  You know who you are...

Maxx "C" ended up being one of the Super Rares in the Hanzo tin... what a surprise...  But yeah, now I might spend some money on the new tins.  We'll see what the other promos are.  I also have to save money for the new Kaijudo booster that's coming out early November, and that honestly takes priority over Yu-Gi-Oh.  And, now that I think about it, I might not even be able to make a trip to the flea market to pick up the tins if I want them.  Hmm, we'll see what happens, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.