Thursday, September 13, 2012

Random Stuff #49

So, I've been trying to come up with an innovative new deck for locals.  Since I haven't gotten many new cards in a while, it's been difficult. I kind of want to play a deck using Geargiarmor since it's good, but it's hard to do that without any cards from Return of the Duelist.  So, I've kind of given up on making a new Yu-Gi-Oh deck at the moment.  I did fix up my Gem-Knight deck, though it's not made for competitive play.

But, I've been working on some Kaijudo decks.  I fixed up my Light/Water/Darkness control deck; I'm going to try out a bunch of different cards like Flare Inhibitor, Thought Probe, and Trox.  Most of the people at my locals play either control decks or basic rush decks, so I've built my deck to combat them.  However, seeing EarthP0w3r's most recent video makes me worry about Hyperspeed Dragon and Bolgash Dragon.  It makes me want to play Death Smoke, but Razorkinder is just so much better.  And that reminds me that I'm disappointed about not pulling any Razorkinder Puppets or Skull Shatter.

Either way, I also built a couple of decks for a couple of my friends (vadangchoinga and the one who plays Vanguard).  vadangchoinga wanted a deck similar to the one I had pre-Core Set, so I made him a Water/Darkness/Fire control deck.  And, since he's a rarity junkie, I made sure that most of the cards in the deck weren't First Edition.  I think that only the Tornado Flames are First Edition, but that's because I don't have three Tornado Flames from the Core Set.

For my friend who plays Vanguard, I made a Light/Nature deck.  His favorite Civilization is Nature, and he wanted to use Light Blockers, hence, Light/Nature.  I wanted to have the deck use The Great Arena as a draw source, but it's kind of a lackluster card.  So, I just made it a fairly basic deck with elements of both aggro and control, since my friend is kind of new to Kaijudo.

And, I fixed up my Vanguard deck in case my friend is unable to get me the rest of the cards I need by the Vanguard tournament this Saturday.  Yeah, my locals is starting to have Vanguard tournaments on Saturday mornings, so I'll be going to that.  So, if my friend isn't there to loan me his spare deck, I'll have to use my unfinished deck.  But, seeing as how many of the people who play Vanguard there are little kids with Royal Paladin or Gold Paladin Trial Decks without sleeves, it shouldn't be too difficult.  I mean, I saw one of them call a Grade 3 unit to the back row for no reason...

I've noticed that the skill level for most of the people I've seen play Vanguard is very low.  It's not surprising, but at the same time, it is surprising.  I mean, all you have to do is watch the anime and listen to when Kai or Miwa comment on certain plays to learn how to play correctly.  The anime seriously teaches you everything you need to know, except for what TCG players call "magic numbers," which should be self-explanatory.  I literally learned everything about Vanguard from watching the anime (and knowing how to add multiples of 1000); it's not a difficult game.  Whatever, I guess it makes it slightly easier to win against people who barely know how to play.

That's about it for this post.  I would talk about The Seal of Orichalcos or the Hanzo/Heliopolis tins, but everyone has already talked about those things already.  I guess it's nice that Shock Master is being reprinted, but I already have one, so I don't really mind.  I mean, there's not much point in worrying about expensive cards getting reprinted; everyone who you should be worried about having those expensive cards already has those expensive cards.  It's not like the little kids with Starter Decks will be able to use Shock Master or Maxx "C" effectively, and the casual players will still be casual players; competitive players already have all of these cards.

2 comments:

  1. >No shock masters or maxx "c"
    Does this make me casual?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say so, LOL. I mean, you're not like all of the regulars who have every single deck because they spend entire paychecks on Yu-Gi-Oh cards, you know?

      Either way, I hope to see you at the Kaijudo league tomorrow (really today, since it's after midnight).

      Delete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.