Monday, November 25, 2013

Random Stuff #57

So this past weekend was pretty uneventful.  I hardly played card games at all; I was mainly working on my Pokemon.  I also didn't get to go to the Kaijudo tournament, since I was stuck doing homework all day.  It's alright though, since I'll be able to go to at least two Kaijudo tournaments in December, maybe three, depending on how much I have to prepare for finals.

I want to try making a new Kaijudo deck before I go to another tournament, but I can't really think of anything.  The Skyforce Champion deck I have right now is neat, but it's not that great.  I'll probably have to build a more aggro deck or a Queen Kalima deck.  I could try using Megabugs again, but Herald of Infernus didn't stop being a thing like Bottle did, so I'm hesitant to use them again.  The problem is that everyone at my locals plays something different, so I can't really make a meta call.  There will be at least one of each type of prominent deck there, from Eternal Haven to Dragons to Rush, so I have to prepare for everything and hope I draw the right cards at the right times.

Regardless, I haven't been able to put much thought into a new Kaijudo deck because I used my free time over the past week to finish a Doubles team for Pokemon.  However, none of my friends have finished theirs yet, so I haven't gotten the chance to try it out.  I'm not sure exactly how well it would work, but it is a weather-based team, so I feel like it wouldn't be that great.  It has some tricks that other weather teams wouldn't normally have, but I doubt that'll be enough.  We'll see, though.

In working on my Doubles team, I was able to breed a couple of new Pokemon for my Singles team.  I was breeding a bunch of Sewaddle with Chlorophyll, so naturally some of them would have Swarm.  I ended up getting a 4V Sewaddle with Swarm, so I trained it for my Singles team.  It seems pretty good; Leavanny actually has better defenses than the Starmie I've been using, but it does have more crippling weaknesses.  I'm just trying it out, since I already had it ready, but it does actually seem pretty good.  It makes my team weaker to Fire than I'd like, so I'm going to try and fix that.

I was thinking about changing my physical and special tanks, Trevenant and Mega Blastoise.  They're both neat, but they're not all that practical.  I think that I would want something that could heal, like Flygon or Gliscor, as my physical tank.  And as nice as Mega Blastoise is, it's nowhere near as good as Regice at walling special sweepers.  But, since I can't have Regice for another month, I was considering Tentacruel or Dragalge.  I'm considering those two because they're Poison-type, meaning that they can use Black Sludge to heal.  The Leftovers is reserved for Aegislash, which will remain as my mixed tank.

It just occurred to me that most of this won't really make sense, since most of you don't know what my team is at the moment.  If you've read my previous Random Stuff post and have been paying attention to this post, then you could probably guess what the six members of my Singles team were before I finished that Leavanny with Swarm, which ended up being the seventh Pokemon I've made for my Singles team.

Either way, I don't think it's worth describing every single Pokemon on my team and haven't gotten the chance to upload any Pokemon videos.  Aki has only uploaded one 3v3, so you probably don't have that good of an idea of what my team is like.  I could try to upload Pokemon videos, but I've only been able to play against Aki and Ray.  I don't want to upload any of the videos I played against Aki, since he'll probably want to upload them.  And when I play against Ray, he plays pretty poorly.  He's used to playing Triples, which is generally much easier than Singles or Doubles, so he doesn't really prove much of a challenge, meaning that it's not worth uploading the videos.  I hope that he'll get better as we play more, but I'll just have to wait and see.

So, if I do start uploading Pokemon videos, they'll probably be Doubles videos.  I find Doubles a lot more interesting than Singles, since Singles is mostly just about trying to make a team that counters as many specific threats as possible, at least for competitive play.  I've read a little about the current meta in X and Y, and all people talk about is how everyone uses Wash Rotom, Mega Kangaskhan, and Talonflame and what they use to counter them.  That's boring.  I don't want to make a team just to counter specific threats.

Doubles is a lot more interesting because there are so many more interactions to account for.  I'm not that experienced at competitive battling, but I haven't heard anything about specifically countering Pokemon in Doubles.  If one of their Pokemon walls one of yours, you can just attack the other one, which is part of why dedicated walls are practically unheard of in Doubles.  You can't just make a team to counter what everyone else plays; you have to make a team that has synergy.  Doubles just seems a lot more challenging in general, which is what makes it more interesting.

This may sound hypocritical, since I'm using a weather-based team, but it's just something I wanted to try out.  There's one huge weakness that I hate about weather-based teams, and it's that they're based on weather... Seriously, if the sun stops shining, then my Leavanny would be all slow and probably die really quickly.  Charizard needs the sun for his Solar Power, too.  And I don't want to be playing "Protect the Ninetales in case I need to set up Drought again," since that seems really tedious.  But, I'll see how it works before I decide what to do.

I want to try making a "good stuff" team, but it's really difficult.  It would be like trying to make a Yu-Gi-Oh deck for the Yugilo Format or a Vanguard deck for the Snogal Format.  Every Pokemon on the team would have to have synergy with every other Pokemon on the team.  That's incredibly difficult.  I still have no idea of where to start, but I'll probably just choose one Pokemon and start choosing other Pokemon to support it and each other.  I'll probably start with a Rotom, but we'll see.

I think that's about it.  Most of this was just my current thoughts about Pokemon, but yeah.  Once I finish with my classes for the week, I'll probably look for ideas about how to build a good stuff team for Doubles, but I probably won't get the chance to make such a team for a while.  I'll just have to make due with my Sun team for now.

12 comments:

  1. Why not use Charizard Y instead of Ninetails? Seeing that he has much better stats than the latter. Though i must say that you are an easy target for Azumarill has he is now seeing more play due to his Fairy Buff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Pokemon X, so I don't have Charizardite Y.

      I don't see why a Sun team is particularly weak to Azumarill. The sun practically eliminates any Fire Pokemon's weakness to Water, not to mention that my team does have Pokemon that are strong against Water-types. Besides, I'm sure that Azumarill isn't the only Water Pokemon everyone is using. I'd be more worried about Rain teams than single Water Pokemon.

      Delete
    2. Not saying that Azumarill is the bane of Sun Teams, Just saying that Stab Choice Banded Huge Power Aqua Jet is enough to OHKO your Charizard or any sun setters, plus the fact that Weather is now nerfed to 5 turns, taking care of that Sun Setter is very important.

      Plus you can always trade Stones to people who want to trade. Other than that you can always Focus Sash your Ninetails so he can revenge with Solarbeam.

      Delete
    3. Choice Banded Aqua Jet from an Adamant Huge Power Azumarill won't OHKO Ninetales if the sun is shining. It will otherwise, but the Sun halves its power, so it would take two Aqua Jets to faint my Ninetales. Either way, I could easily switch out for Leavanny and watch it do practically no damage.

      I am aware that I can trade for a Charizardite Y, but everyone I know who has it wants to keep it. Besides, I don't really need it that much.

      Delete
  2. I had more responses I was going to type up but Google+ ate my comment and I don't feel like typing up everything up again...


    If you want a free flawless IV fletchling with gale wings let me know, I bred a ton of them.


    And if you want to play an experienced Singles opponent then you can always add me, I generally play with Smogon ruleset. Unfortunately I do not have much experience in competitive Doubles, although I am interested in learning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aki already gave me a Fletchling with Gale Wings and good IV's, but thanks for the offer.

      As for online play, my Internet connection isn't exactly reliable when it comes to my 3DS. I always seem to get kicked off of the server when I try to connect while playing Pokemon X.

      Delete
  3. Lightgrunty, can I please add you got your japanese 5iv pokemons? I would like to use masuda breeding to get shiny 5iv pokemons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't add random people whom I don't know, sorry. You may get lucky with Wonder Trade, though.

      Delete
    2. The one in wonder trade don't have 5iv jpn pokemon. Come on, I want to breed a 5iv shiny that bad

      Delete
    3. The Masuda Method doesn't require the other Pokemon to be from a Japanese game. It could be from any foreign game. You don't even have to Wonder Trade, you could just trade on the GTS. Regardless, I can't help you.

      Delete
    4. But I am looking for a particular 5iv so we can help each other. Gts is unreliable because there is no way to determine if they are 5iv. And most of the time, they keep asking for legwndary

      Delete
    5. If you keep bugging him then surely he will give free 5IV pokemon. /sarcasm

      Delete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.