Sunday, November 3, 2013

Random Stuff #56

I did go to the morning Vanguard tournament yesterday, but do you really want to read about that?  Well, they changed it to best-of-three, so now it's better, but everyone there is still really bad at Vanguard.  I used my Seal Dragon Kagero deck, which I had made last weekend and was one card away from completing it.  It didn't really matter, though, since Dauntless Drive Dragon is still good, even though it's no replacement for Blockade/Inferno.

I went undefeated and got 1st place, having played against a bad Nova Grappler player, a bad Gold Paladin player (the one who hates Team Snogal), a bad Narukami player, and a bad Liberator Gold Paladin player.  I pulled a Blockade Inferno, so that replaced the Dauntless Drive Dragon to complete my Seal Dragon deck.  Aki was there too, but he didn't win anything.  I was able to get a third Machining Armor Beetle, though.

That's it for Vanguard, since we went to the other card shop, but didn't play in the tournament.

Instead, I spent my time playing Pokemon X.  I used up most of my free time over the past couple weeks chain breeding a competitive team.  It took me an entire day to find a Starly with Reckless as its ability; Starly is already a rare horde encounter, and having to use Sand Attack on every single Starly in each horde didn't make it go any faster.  In fact, it took so long for me to find a Reckless Starly that I found a shiny male Nidoran first.  Unfortunately, its IV's suck, so even though it has a good nature (Jolly), it's probably going to be pretty bad.

I also couldn't catch any Rotom except on Tuesdays, so when I finally caught one on this past Tuesday, I spent the following two days chain breeding it to get one with perfect IV's.  I wouldn't normally waste my time like that, but it's Rotom, so I'm okay with it.  Not only that, but I ended up with so many Rotom with nearly-perfect IV spreads that I could make an entire team out of Rotom, one in each of its six forms.  That's probably the next thing I'll be working on.

Other than Staraptor and Rotom, I'm trying not to make any Pokemon that I have already made in Platinum.  With the Staraptor, it was justified, since the other two Staraptor in my copy of Platinum serve different roles.  One is a physical tank, and the other is a shiny sweeper.  This new one is also a sweeper, but it has Reckless instead of Intimidate, so it's better at sweeping than the shiny one.  It also has better IV's...

Either way, I wouldn't be able to chain breed to get perfect IV's if it weren't for that Friend Safari mechanic where every Pokemon in the safari has two perfect IV's.  Luckily, Aki has a friend whose safari has Ditto, so he has been helping me get Ditto to chain breed with.  Of course, he has also started chain breeding to get Pokemon with perfect IV's.

So, since I spent the past week chain breeding my team, I spent yesterday EV training them.  It's very convenient to be able to EV train multiple Pokemon at the same time so quickly using the EXP Share and horde battles.  After that, I had to win BP at the Battle Institute so that I could get the proper items for my team.  It's nice that the Battle Institute levels up your Pokemon for the battles if they're below Lv. 50, as opposed to the Battle Maison.

Anyways, so that's why I haven't been posting or uploading videos.  Vanguard is Vanguard, Pokemon takes up a lot of time, and Aki and I are waiting for the new Kaijudo set.  As usual, when that is released (on Friday), I will be going to get two boxes.  I'll probably also get a set of the Choten's Army starter decks because Aki and I want to try out Corrupted decks.  Until then, there won't be any Kaijudo videos.

But, Aki and I were able to have a couple of Pokemon battles today, since I was able to finish my team, more or less, this morning.  He is planning on uploading battle videos soon, but there are a few issues.  He doesn't have a 3DS capture card, and given how difficult they are to get, that's completely understandable.  So, he'd just have to record the top screen of the 3DS, which isn't uncommon.  The other problem is that his game is in Japanese, so he'd have to add subtitles for everything on the screen, which seems like it would be a lot of work.

Regardless, I wouldn't object to uploading my own Pokemon videos sometime when I don't have anything else to upload.  It would certainly be better than Vanguard videos... So, I was just wondering what your thoughts were on Pokemon videos.  Now that I have a team, I could probably do random online battles and such.  It is somewhat difficult to stay connected to the online server, though, so that may be an issue.  I just kind of want to have something to upload, since I haven't been able to record any videos recently.

So, let me know whether or not you want to see Pokemon videos on my channel.  Aki will probably upload Pokemon videos regardless of whether or not I do, meaning that I would concentrate much less on them than he does.  Of course, I wouldn't have to subtitle every single video, so that helps.  And, it's pretty simple for us to record Pokemon videos, so even if we both start uploading them, there will probably be enough for both of us.  Not to mention that we could also narrate over the videos, so if we upload the same battle (as in, a battle between the two of us), we would have different narrations over them.  So yeah, just let me know what you think.

7 comments:

  1. I personally want to see your own builds and explanations for your Pokemon Team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you know their IV points?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are two different ways you can figure them out. The easier one would be to talk to one of the trainers in the Kiloude City Pokemon Center. He will tell you what your Pokemon's highest IV is; if there's more than one that are tied as the highest IV, he'll tell you all of them. Then, he'll say about how high the highest IV is. If he says something along the lines of "It can't be beat!" then that means that that IV is 31.

      The other way would be to somehow get your Pokemon to Level 50 or 100 and use an IV calculator to figure it out. Although you can do online battles against a friend to see what your Pokemon's stats would be at Level 50, due to the way that stats are calculated, this still won't get you an exact number. It will be between two numbers, so you can do some additional math to figure it out.

      The first method is far easier if you're just trying to get Pokemon with IV's of 31 in a few different stats, since that judge guy will tell you if you've succeeded. You would normally have to chain breed using Friend Safari Ditto to reliably get IV's of 31, though.

      Delete
    2. Does US pokemon X/Y able to link trade with JPN pokemon X/Y? If yes, do you have the safarai ditto of 2 max IV?

      Delete
    3. Yes, Pokemon X/Y games from different regions can trade. But, I don't have any safaris with Ditto in them. The only Friend Safari Ditto I have are the ones Aki gave me, so I only have a few.

      Delete
    4. My FC is 2852-7815-3996. Can you give me Aki's FC? I want one Safari Ditto from him. Thank. Oh, I am working right now, so I don't have 3DS with me.

      Delete
    5. Honestly, it's quite odd to be asking someone who you don't know to give something to you for free.

      I'm sure that you could go on forums like Pojo and find people who have Ditto in their safari and trade FC's with them. That way you could catch as many Ditto from the Friend Safari as you want.

      Delete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.