Monday, November 18, 2013

Announcement

I've decided to stop posting weekly tournament reports.  They're not all that exciting, since most of it is just my friends and I beating the little kids who play Vanguard.  That's not really worth talking about; I was really only doing Vanguard tournament reports so that I'd have something to write about, but it seemed rather pointless.

Because of that, I'm not sure what else I could use this blog for.  Although most of my free time is now being spent on Pokemon X, I don't plan on going crazy with competitive Pokemon battling, so I wouldn't have much to talk about.  I'm working on a Doubles team right now, since I like Doubles a lot more than Singles, but that'll take a while to complete.

I did make a Skyforce Champion deck in Kaijudo for fun, but it's not really worth discussing.  My schoolwork will probably take up any time I would have to go to Kaijudo tournaments, so I'm not going to make a competitive deck until after my classes are done for the year.  I should be able to attend Kaijudo tournaments throughout December, so that'll be cool.  It's a good thing, too, since the December Duel Day promo is interesting.

I do miss how this blog used to be about Yu-Gi-Oh.  There were so many ideas to explore.  But, as time went on and the game became more broken, for lack of a better description, I lost my motivation to play or post about it.  I still miss playing Yu-Gi-Oh, but whenever I think about it, I immediately realize that there's no way that the game as it is now can compare to what it once was.  Oh well, these things happen.

I feel as though I would write more about Kaijudo if I had the same drive for card games as I did before.  Kaijudo is an amazing game, but playing Yu-Gi-Oh for all those years has been a disillusioning experience.  Although I was able to make an impact on the people I met playing Yu-Gi-Oh, it didn't really last because the game has changed so much.  Because of that, I don't feel as motivated to discuss any card game as much as I used to.

So that's about it for this blog.  I don't really have much to discuss with regards to Kaijudo or Pokemon, and there's never anything interesting to talk about for Vanguard, so I can't think of anything to use this blog for anymore.  I will probably post Kaijudo tournament reports, but since I can't go to those regularly, there won't be a regular schedule for such posts.

By the way, I know that this post sounded kind of depressing since I was mostly wallowing in the sadness that is the current state of Yu-Gi-Oh, but I hope I didn't depress any of you too much.

5 comments:

  1. Please be like the second major blogger (first I know of is death aspect) to post strategy guides and game play videos of goat control. Doesn't have to be anything more then a side thing you could do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never played in the Goat Control format and have no interest in it.

      Delete
  2. Same here man, I've been playing Yugioh for years and I just feel like I've hit a Labyrinth Wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can always post Competive Pokemon Strategies xD

    At least you can use that knowledge and share it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the problem with that is that I'm not going super in-depth with competitive Pokemon battling. From what I've seen, most of what it is is just knowing the meta and making your Pokemon in a way to counter the meta. For instance, you would give your Pokemon A a specific combination of HP/Def/Sp.Def EV's to allow it to not get 2HKO'd by Pokemon B using Move C X% of the time. People calculate and apply these things to gain a distinct advantage, and I just don't have that much time.

      The farthest I go with my Pokemon teams is making sure they have the best possible IV's, EV's, nature, ability, and moveset. I don't try to metagame them, since I usually just play with my friends.

      Delete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.