Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Random Stuff #58

So I've had a bunch of homework and such to do recently, so I haven't had any time to post anything.  I actually wrote a 4000-word research paper about game balance in Kaijudo, but I can't really post anything from it.  I don't want my professor to think that I plagiarized from some guy on the Internet called "LightGrunty".

I still have finals to deal with.  I have to wake up ridiculously early tomorrow and Friday so that I can make it to my finals on time.  It reminds me of when I woke up ridiculously early so that I could go to the YCS in Long Beach a while ago.  Now that I look back, it wasn't really worth it, but I was on spring break at the time, so whatever.

Actually, I was reflecting on my Yu-Gi-Oh tournament experiences last week, and something occurred to me.  When I was at a Regional, during one of the rounds, my opponent tried to activate Torrential Tribute during the Damage Step in response to my Super-Nimble Mega Hamster's Flip Effect, which Special Summoned Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter.  I explained to him that he couldn't activate Torrential Tribute during the Damage Step, he asked what would happen then, and I just told him that the card would just go back to being Set face-down.  A judge who was passing by commented on how nice it was for me to let him keep his Torrential Tribute Set.

Last time I checked, the rules state that if a card or effect is activated illegally, the gamestate is rewound to immediately before the illegal activation.  Even though I explained it politely, I wasn't really being nice, I was just explaining the rules.  So, when I thought about this last week, it made me think about how prevalent rule-sharking is in Yu-Gi-Oh.  It just made me more disappointed about Yu-Gi-Oh as a whole.  That's all.

Anyway, I've been trying to make a new Kaijudo deck.  The rest of this week is devoted to finals, so I don't think I'll have much time to come up with one by Sunday, but I'm still trying to come up with ideas.  If I can't think of anything, then I may do some silly Light/Nature Rush deck with Shaman of the Vigil, which I got two of from Ray's friend.  The only other deck I can think of is a Kalima deck, but I don't really want to use that.  So, I have no idea of what type of deck to build.

I did recently look over the coverage for the Winter Kaijudo Championship, and I saw that Reverberate was used quite a bit.  It was kind of neat, since I didn't think that people would catch on to the fact that it's a great card, but I guess that's already out.  It doesn't really influence what type of deck I would want to use, though.  I've kind of wanted to make a Control deck, since I'm tired of using aggressive decks, but I don't know if I can make an effective Control deck without all of the Monarchs.  If I can't figure something out, I may just use the Mono-Light Rush deck next weekend, we'll see.

And, I haven't made any new Pokemon because I've been too busy with schoolwork.  I kind of want to make a Galvantula and a Vivillon, but I don't have the time to breed them to be perfect.  I also got a bunch of near-perfect or Hidden Ability Pokemon from Aki and one of the guys who plays Kaijudo at locals, but I don't feel like using them.

I have thought about making an all-shiny team for fun, since I have two shiny Pokemon in X, one in Platinum, and one in White.  Unfortunately, the shiny Boldore I have in White has a Timid nature, which is like the worst nature a Gigalith can have.  All of the other shiny Pokemon have the correct natures, luckily.  I'd just need two more, unless I want to include the Red Gyarados from SoulSilver, which I don't.

I can't think of anything else to include in this post, and I have to go to bed soon so that I can wake up ridiculously early tomorrow morning, so I guess that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.