Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Random Stuff #46

So, I went to the flea market today to pick up Yu-Gi-Oh cards for next format.

The first things I got were three of the new tins, two Excalibur and one Dolkka.  As I stated in this post, I was able to get a bunch of the singles from the tins that I needed, so getting these three tins filled out the rest of the cards that I needed.  So, now I have three Excaliburs and Zenmaines, so that's cool.  I've also got three Wind-Up Rabbits in case I decide to run either Wind-Ups, Beast Stun, or Chain Burn.  And, I've got the Evolzars (Laggia and Dolkka) so that I can side Jurrac Guaibas if I want.  And then there's the garbage like Blizzard Princess and Dark Highlander which may somehow become good in the future, so I might as well hold onto them.

From the packs in the tins themselves, I pulled a Gem-Turtle, Alexandrite Dragon, some other bad holos, and a Dark Smog.  The Dark Smog was great, since it's the last card I needed for competitive Dark Worlds, which I probably won't play next format.  But, I'll have it just in case, and the artwork is very nice.

After that, I got five copies of the GX manga Volume 9 for the Elemental HERO Escuridaos.  I got two for Aki, one for vadangchoinga, and two for myself.  They were a little pricier than they should've been (everyone was selling them for $12, but I was able to find some for $11), but I guess it's fine.

Then, I picked up a couple Starfoil Tour Guides, which are nice.  I might as well get them now, since they're going to be Semi-Limited for at least another six months.  And, if I don't find any use for them, I can just make Koa'ki Meiru again with M-X-Saber Invoker.  I also got a Number 11: Big Eye just to have, and also because my Gem-Knights can make use of it.  I have not yet decided whether or not I'll be putting it in my Gem-Knight deck, since space is kind of tight.  I would normally take out Amethyst or Ruby, but they each won me two games, so I can't really be mean to them anymore.  Maybe I don't really need three Prismaura, but I have managed to pull three out in one game once or twice, so I'm still hesitant to drop it to two.

And, the last things I got, which are sitting on my deck and kind of making me regret even buying them, were two Cardfight Vanguard Trial Decks.  Yes, I spent money on Vanguard; I'm disappointed in myself, too.  They were just so cheap that I figured that if I'm ever going to buy them, I might as well get them now.

I decided to get two different Trial Decks since you wouldn't really have enough good cards from two of the same Trial Deck to make a decent deck.  At least with two different Clans, I can use more than four of the 8000 effectless Grade 1 Booster and such.  It's the same for a lot of the cards, since the Trial Decks are basically all the same, with only one or two cards different between them.  Also, it means that I don't have to spend any money on stuff like Perfect Guards or those expensive starting Vanguards that actually have effects.  Just so you know, I have no intention of spending any more money on Vanguard, besides possibly entering tournaments.  Yeah, my locals will start having Vanguard tournaments before the Yu-Gi-Oh tournaments, so I'd be able to join those and win more store credit and such.

But yeah, I got the Kagero and Gold Paladin Trial Decks.  I was going to go with Kagero and Narukami, but then I realized that the Gold Paladin Trial Deck is slightly better than the Narukami Trial Deck.  So yeah, I'm going to see how good a deck I can build with two different Trial Decks and such.  Also, if my friend who plays Vanguard reads this blog, if you have extra copies of Dragon Monk, Gojo and Lizard Runner, Undeux, I'd appreciate it if you were to bring them to locals this weekend so I can trade for them or something.  I've got a Photon Sabre Tiger if you still need it.

And those of you who play Vanguard are probably wondering why I would want to have more than one Lizard Runner, Undeux if it's only used as a starting Vanguard.  Well, it doesn't have to be used only has a starting Vanguard.  I mean, Kai used it to guard in Episode 1 of the anime, and I might want to use it as a Token or something...

1 comment:

  1. grunty spent money on vanguard? i am surprised!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.