Saturday, March 6, 2010

Tournament Report 3/6/10

Finally, the new format is here. I was kind of anticipating this format to be filled with Blackwing and Gladiator Beast decks, but that wasn't the case at my locals...

With that false expectation, I brought my new Anti-Meta Insect deck to the tournament to see how it would do. I had to buy a couple Neo Bugs (yeah, Neo Bug) and a couple Magical Merchants, but luckily they were inexpensive.

Round 1: vs Newbie Deck

I won.

Round 2: vs Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode

-Duel 1: I kept wrecking his plans with Raigeki Break and such. Cross-Sword Beetle's piercing and double Verdant Sanctuary basically won me the game.
-Duel 2: I used my Nobleman of Extermination on his Trap Hole, and all three of his were removed. I lost the one that was in my deck from that, and I lost the one that I set to his Nobleman of Extermination. He was able to get out a Stardust Dragon, and I couldn't do anything about it.
-Duel 3: I couldn't do anything about his Stardust Dragon, again...

Round 3: vs Newbie Deck

I won.

Round 4: vs X-Sabers

-Duel 1: He had control of the game in the beginning, but he ran out of cards, and I triumphed in the top-decking war, since he had already wasted his Heavy Storm.
-Duel 2: I sided Skill Drains, one of which I drew in my starting hand. It didn't help much, as it only negated his Regigura's effect. He Synchro Summoned Colossal Fighter and got me down to 4000 (Skill Drain cost and Regigura included). I topped Lair Wire to destroy his Colossal Fighter, and I forced him into top-decking mode again. I preceded to win from there.

Round 5: vs Zombies

-Duel 1: He kept summoning Monsters under my Bottomless Trap Holes, and he was able to beat me.
-Duel 2: He had the same Instant Fusion (for Reaper on the Nightmare), Tuner, and Book of Life combo he started with in the first game. With only Monsters in my hand, I couldn't do much about it.

So, I went 3-2. My deck was designed to kill Blackwings and Gladiator Beasts, so it was annoying that I didn't face any, even though half of the little kids there were playing Blackwings and a good amount of people were playing Gladiator Beasts.

Well, after being able to test the Insect deck, now I know what to change. Or, maybe I shouldn't play it until Blackwings and Gladiator Beasts define themselves as the top decks. I'll have to see what happens.

There weren't as many remove from play decks as I thought there would be, so maybe it's safe to run a Graveyard-reliant deck, for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.