Saturday, March 6, 2010

Machina!

Frustration! (kind of a Chowder reference, but very obscure...)

I haven't been able to figure out a good Machina deck! And by good, I mean consistent and something that won't get owned by Dimensional Fissure/Royal Oppression.

So far, all Machina decks I've seen (which have mostly been on Neuxcharge's channel) are builds that focus on randomly OTK'ing the opponent. That's fine, but I want a build that is more focused on control.

I also like the Union aspect of Machina Peacekeeper. Roll Out! is a pretty decent card, especially since it's chainable.

What's bad is that Gladiator Beasts would wreck Machina decks, in theory.

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble thinking past the established Machina builds. In a few days, you'll see the Machina Core deck I came up with, which is a Machina-Koa'ki Meiru hybrid. It's not that good; I just wanted to play my shiny, new Core Transport Units and Machina cards.

I also was thinking about a Machina Gadget deck that sides into anti-meta Gadgets, but siding would be too awkward. If I can figure that out, then it could prove to be quite the deck.

There was also the idea that I was thinking of of using Quickdraw Synchron. It's a Level 5 Machine, and it's good. Yeah, that was my reasoning. Although now that I think about it, combining it with Roll Out! can give access to a Level 7 Synchro, like Junk Archer or Nitro Warrior (random note: I got a Nitro Warrior from the Duel Terminal today, which was nice, but now I have like 4...). I should look into this idea a little more...

Of the established Machina builds, I like the Junk and Debris variant the most. However, it gets owned by Dimensional Fissure/Royal Oppression. If you couldn't tell, I really hate stuff like that. That's why I try to use decks that aren't affected by them or decks that can side to a slightly different theme that would make them immune.

Hopefully my fears of decks running Dimensional Fissure (Gladiator Beasts, Gadgets, Dimensional Eatos) and Royal Oppression (Blackwings, Gadgets, Dimensional Eatos) will be unfounded, as they were in the tournament I attended today, which I posted a tournament report on, which I didn't mean to overshadow by double-posting...

1 comment:

  1. I'm running an Ancient Gear Build, and it's been pretty consistent, I got first at my locals last week. My main concerns are, like you siad, D. Fissure or Oppression, so I keep three Fairy Winds and two Twisters in my side deck.

    I can send you the deck list if you'd like.

    ((I'm whyohwhynousername btw.))

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.