Saturday, March 27, 2010

Tournament Report 3/27/10

I was going to go with Monarch's Reverse, but I was scared of Nobleman of Crossout. A well-timed one (like, on the first turn...) would kill my plans most of the time. So, what I did was I went with my anti-meta Insect deck.

Upon getting to the card shop, I realized that I forgot to put any Nobleman of Crossout in my Side Deck. So, I bought a couple Hobby League ones to use. They were somewhat helpful...

Round 1: vs Newbie Reptiles

I won...

Round 2: vs Spellcasters

-Duel 1: I almost decked out. I won the turn I drew my last card.
-Duel 2: I messed up his Secret Village of the Spellcasters and won.

Round 3: vs Trample Lightsworn

My opponent ran Gragonith, but not Judgment Dragon. Odd, I know.

-Duel 1: Cross-Sword Beetle's piercing effect was awesome.
-Duel 2: He had Aurkus, two Honests, and Beckoning Light. Yeah, I can do so much against that... (sarcasm, if you didn't notice).
-Duel 3: I couldn't do anything when he pushed for game with Gragonith and Jain.

Round 4: vs Blackwings

It's honestly very hard to distinguish newbs playing Blackwings from Blackwing players who just aren't very good. I wouldn't call this guy a newb, but he wasn't very good...

-Duel 1: Starlight Road on his Icarus Attack. Yay.
-Duel 2: Starlight Road on his Icarus Attack. He misplayed, so I could win.

Round 5: vs Synchro Cat

This wasn't the usual Synchro Cat. It's more akin to the olden variants.

-Duel 1: I trampled over his Ryko with Cross-Sword Beetle for game.
-Duel 2: He didn't draw very well, and his Call of the Haunted prevented him from using Gorz.

So, I went 4-1 and got 4th place, which was good. I got some store credit, which I spent on two Dragon's Mirrors and two deck boxes, since I'm planning on triple sleeving my cards, and that would take up a lot of space.

I guess that deciding to go with Insects paid off. I usually don't like decks like that, since they rely too much on Spells and Traps (mostly Traps). I'll probably go back to Monarchs, but I need to find a good build...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.