Sunday, September 1, 2013

Tournament Report 8/31/13 & 9/1/13

Aki and I were able to go to locals yesterday.  We didn't care about the Kamui and Misaki pack Sneak Preview, so we skipped it.  We ended up going to the evening Vanguard tournament with my friend who plays Vanguard, Riku, and the fourth Snogal.

There were only nine other people there for the Vanguard tournament, and Aki didn't feel like playing.  So, the fourth Snogal used Aki's Vermillion Narukami deck, Riku used his Arboros Dragon Neo Nectar deck, my friend used my Pale Moon deck, and I used my Rumble Gun/Dungaree Narukami deck.  We knew we would win, and the only crossride deck there was Aki's Narukami deck, so I decided to use my fun deck.

Round 1: vs Spike Brothers

This kid didn't really know what he was doing (he was using Especial Intercepts and Devil Summoner, but I guess Spike Brothers don't have much else...), and he had to ride Juggernaut Maximum both games, so I was able to win.

OO

So what happened in the first round was that the four players on our team won their matches, and the fifth undefeated player was my Round 3 opponent from this evening Vanguard tournament.  In the following round, he was paired against Riku, my friend was paired against a little kid with a bad Great Nature deck, and I had to play against the fourth Snogal.  We decided to play it out because it didn't matter.

Round 2: vs Narukami (Vermillion)

He was able to crossride in the first game, but he didn't have any rear-guards for most of the game.  I was able to retire the few that he did play so that I could win, despite not having very good columns.  I even drew five Grade 3's, so that I had to take his Vermillion Catastrophe at 3 damage.  He didn't pull any triggers, so I was able to live.  In the second game, he was able to crossride again and actually had rear-guard that time, so I lost.  He missed the crossride in the third game, so I was able to beat him up with the usual 16k columns.  Rumble Gun Dragon retired his only booster, and Dungaree kept killing his attackers (I drew into two Dungarees after drive checking one with Rumble Gun Dragon, so I kept riding Dungaree over Dungaree to use the Limit Break and keep the 11k defense).  I was able to win because of that.

OXO

Riku ended up losing to the Megacolony player, who got paired down against the fourth Snogal in the following round.

Round 3: vs Pale Moon

That, of course, meant that I was paired against my friend.  He wanted to play it out, since it didn't matter.  I lost the first game because whenever I rode Dungaree, I bound two triggers with its effect, which was sad.  In the second game, half of my Critical Triggers were lost into the Damage Zone, so I couldn't apply any pressure.  Not to mention that I hadn't seen Dragonic Deathscythe all day...

XX

The fourth Snogal was able to beat the Megacolony player, and they tournament organizer cut to Top 2.  That happened to be my friend and I, so we got all of the prizes.  We got 12 packs of the new Misaki set.  We pulled two Sakuyas and no other holos, so that was garbage.  At least my friend got a Battle Sister Fromage mat.

So that's about it for yesterday.  Today, my friend and I went to the morning Kaijudo tournament.  I was using my LFN Megabug deck, and he was using his WDFN Dragon Rush deck.  There were a total of 11 players there.

Round 1: vs LWDF Dragons

This was my Round 1 opponent from last weekend's Kaijudo tournament.

-Duel 1: I opened with a couple of bugs, but he had Herald of Infernus and Lyra, so I lost, since I didn't draw Tornado Flame until turn 8...
-Duel 2: Again, Herald and Lyra.  Agh, Herald is too strong against aggressive decks...

XX

Round 2: vs LWDN Control

I was playing against Fwazalaza

-Duel 1: I drew a bunch of bugs, and he had to charge his Aqua Strider, so I was able to just keep poking him with my bugs.  He used Mesmerize on The Hive Queen, but I was able to follow it up with Steamtank Kryon and Humonculon the Blaster to tap his Fullmetal Lemon, break the rest of his shields, and win.
-Duel 2: He used Mesmerize on The Hive Queen, again, but Steamtank Kryon allowed me to keep pushing through his shields.  He was left with two shields and an Aqua Strider against my Steamtank Kryon and Keeper of Laws.  He summoned Lyra to lock Kryon, then decided to crash his Strider into it so that my Lyra, which he saw with Mesmerize, wouldn't gain Fast Attack.  Regardless, I played the Lyra to lock his Lyra, and with Keeper of Laws, I was able to win on the following turn.

OO

Round 3: vs WDFN Dragon Rush

I was paired against my friend, who had won his first match, but lost his second.  He had better tie-breakers than me, so I gave him the win.

That ended up being the last round.  I think that my Round 1 opponent won, but I'm not sure.  My friend ended up winning a Necrose, Nightmare Bloom in the raffle, but since I paid his entry fee, he gave it to me.  My goal is to get at least four, so I need three more.  The idea is that I wouldn't use three in the same deck, but if Aki and I both want to use it, then we could each use two if we had four.

Well, I kind of want to make a new Kaijudo deck, but the new set, Shattered Alliances, will be released in less than two weeks, so I don't really feel like making one.  On the other hand, I need more Necroses, and topping at Kaijudo tournaments is the only way to get them for sure.  Since there are only three more weeks where Necrose will be given out, I would need to get one each week to fulfill my goal.  So, I might consider making a new Kaijudo deck solely for next week so that I could get a second Necrose.  We'll see what happens, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.