Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Random Stuff #54

It has been quite a while since I've done one of these posts, huh?  Well, it's my last day of summer break, so I figured that I might as well post on my recent thoughts on stuff.

The most important thing would be Kaijudo, but I kind of want to keep my strategy for the KMC a secret.  I can say that I've decided not to make a Queen Kalima deck, though.  I might just keep the playset of Queen Kalimas that I have, or I could try to sell and/or trade them.  I guess it just depends on what opportunities I can find.  I would probably be able to trade them at the KMC or something.  We'll see.

As for why I don't want to make a Queen Kalima deck at the moment, the deck is a little fragile.  It kind of loses to Keeper of Laws because of all of the ramp spells.  There's also the fact that the destruction effect Kalima has is based on which cards you mill.  Even if 60% of your deck is Darkness cards, you only have about a 44% chance of milling two Darkness cards and a 20% chance of milling three.  Those aren't promising numbers, in my opinion.  But, I guess it depends on the meta; if everyone plays Eternal Haven decks and they just ramp up to Eternal Haven and drop one Blocker with its effect, then you have a 64% chance of killing the Haven and the accompanying creature with Queen Kalima's effect.  That's not bad at all, but it assumes that those are the only two creatures on the board.  Like I said, it just depends on the meta.

Anyway, I've also been thinking about getting Pokemon X when it comes out.  I actually haven't discussed it for over two years, but I quit playing Pokemon White when I got to the Elite Four.  All of my Pokemon were around Level 40, and the Elite Four and N have all Level 48-52 Pokemon, meaning that I would get stomped.  I didn't want to waste my time grinding experience for that, so I quit.  Regardless, seeing as how I need a completed Generation V game to transfer Pokemon to Pokemon X, I've decided to finish Pokemon White.  I spent like three hours earlier today leveling up my Sigilyph and Lilligant to Level 50, and there's still a bunch more to do.  I guess I'll have two weeks before Pokemon X and Y are released, so I have time.

And, to be honest, Generation V pretty much ruined Pokemon for me.  I mean, there were some really unimaginative and ridiculous things in Black and White, which is a large part of why I quit playing White two years ago.  But, Pokemon X and Y look alright, and it seems as though older Pokemon (like from Generation IV and before) are a much larger focus of the game.  Instead of running into garbage bags and ice cream cones, it seems as though there are more well thought-out Pokemon than before.  I also like the fact that you basically start with three Pokemon (the Generation VI starter, the Generation I starter, and the promotional Torchic).

So, there are a lot of interesting features that make Pokemon X worth buying for me.  Even though Mega Evolutions are ridiculously gimmicky, I guess they can be kind of interesting.  Unfortunately, it doesn't take up a turn to Mega Evolve a Pokemon; you just Mega Evolve them before making your move for the turn.

And, I've missed playing Pokemon in general.  It was fun to battle against friends and such, and that will be easier with the options that Pokemon X and Y provide.  Being able to EV train Pokemon without tedious battling is quite convenient, so hopefully, it won't take entire days just to prepare one Pokemon.  There's still not that much information on Pokemon X and Y overall, though, so we'll just have to wait and see.

There's not much else to talk about, I guess.  There is Vanguard, but nothing interesting will be happening until Set 11 is released, so yeah.  And with school starting tomorrow, I will have very little time to make videos and blog posts.  Basically, I'll be concentrating on Kaijudo until the KMC on October 5, then I'll be working on finishing Pokemon White so that I can transfer up all of my Pokemon from Platinum and SoulSilver, then I'll be playing Pokemon X once it is released on October 12, or maybe a day or two after that.  From there, Team Snogal will just be waiting to get a case of Set 11 on October 26.  But yeah, that's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.