Friday, December 14, 2012

Tournament Report 12/14/12

I decided to go to locals today since my winter break started yesterday.  I remade my Gem-Knights (sadly without Sardonyx or Zirconia, since they're not legal yet) for fun, because why not?  I mean, a bunch of people are playing Mermails now, so every game turns into who can OTK who first, and whatnot.

There were like 17 players there, with about half of them being regulars.

Round 1: vs Newbie Dark Sage Deck

I 2-0'd him, as it was his first time at a tournament.  He was good enough to recognize my Amber loops once I made them, though he couldn't do anything to stop them.

Round 2: vs Genex Atlanteans

I was up against JB this round.  Yugilo recorded this match, so it should go up on his channel soon.  This match showed how I'm kind of getting out of touch with the meta, but I'll talk more about that in another post eventually.  So yeah, I won't spoil the surprise of how the match ended, so you can watch the video.

Round 3: vs Six Samurai

I couldn't tell if this guy was a very good player or not.  He didn't make any huge misplays, from what I could see, but he did think a lot about very simple plays.  Of course, since he was playing Six Samurai, it was difficult to judge his skill level regardless...

-Duel 1: My only Monster was a Tour Guide, which grabbed Sangan.  Neither of those, nor my two Rank 3 Xyz Monsters (Leviair and Zenmaines) could kill his Set Kagemusha, so he just sat there on it until he could kill me, since I didn't draw any of my Gem-Knights...
-Duel 2: I locked him down with Thunder King Rai-Oh.  I also had a Set Gozen Match, but the Rai-Oh was enough to prevent him from doing anything.
-Duel 3: He went first with United, Kageki, Kagemusha--the dreaded opening play.  He drew two cards, made Shi En, and Set a card.  I opened with Summoner Monk, discarding Gem-Knight Fusion to Special Summon Gem-Knight Amber.  He used Bottomless Trap Hole on Amber so I couldn't make Maestroke.  So, I Set Gozen Match and Mirror Force to end.  He summoned Legendary Six Samurai - Enishi and attacked with it, but on attack declaration, I activated Gozen Match.  He let it go and sent his Enishi to the Graveyard.  He killed my Monk with Shi En and ended.  I revived it with Monster Reborn (he let it through), then discarded Dark Hole to Special Summon Snipe Hunter from my deck.  With them, I was able to make Maestroke and kill his Shien.  From there, Gozen Match locked him down, so there wasn't much he could do.

XOO

Round 4: vs Mermail/Atlanteans

I was up against spondo.  As expected, he had the money to make such an expensive deck.

-Duel 1: I lost very quickly to a Megaloabyss and Moulinglacia swarm.
-Duel 2: I opened with Thunder King Rai-Oh, Dimensional Fissure, and two back rows.  He played Mind Control, then summoned Genex Controller (wrong order, by the way), so I negated the summon of the Controller with Solemn Judgment.  He Set two back rows and gave my back my Rai-Oh.  In the End Phase, I destroyed his Dust Tornado with my Mystical Space Typhoon; apparently, that was his only out to Dimensional Fissure.  I was out of Traps, so I just Set a Gem-Knight Fusion after attacking with Rai-Oh.  On his turn, he used Abyss-sphere to get Megaloabyss and run over my Rai-Oh.  I summoned Summoner Monk and pitched my other Gem-Knight Fusion to grab a Thunder King Rai-Oh from my deck.  His Megaloabyss died in the End Phase due to Abyss-sphere, and I ended.  He asked his deck for a Dark Hole, and sure enough, he drew Dark Hole to clear out my field.  He attacked with Atlantean Dragoons and ended.  I summoned Gem-Knight Obsidian and ran over his Dragoons with the help of Forbidden Chalice.  He summoned Deep Sea Diva and grabbed Atlantean Heavy Infantry to Synchro Summon Armory Arm to run over my Obsidian.  I then topped Gem-Knight Garnet to run over his Armory Arm.  He played another Diva to grab Atlantean Marksmen to Synchro Summon Ally of Justice Catastor to kill my Garnet.  I topped Return from the Different Dimension and used it on his turn, since I was at 1400 LP.  That protected me for a turn, so I could use Dark Hole to kill his Catastor.  Now it just came down to if he could draw a Monster with at least 700 ATK.  Genex Undine has 1200 ATK, so I lost.

XX

That ended up being the last round, and sadly, I didn't win anything.  I pulled a Super Rare Kagemusha of the Six Samurai from my Astral Pack and traded it to Fwazalaza for an Ultimate Rare Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity.  Now all I need to make Wind-Ups are Rats and Sharks.  So, I may actually consider making Wind-Ups...

But yeah, I'll be at locals tomorrow, as usual, for the Vanguard and Yu-Gi-Oh tournaments.  I have yet to decide whether or not I'm going to use my Gem-Knights again tomorrow or not.  I kind of feel like using my Nordic Diva deck again, since it's the best deck I have and I need to get some more sleeves...

2 comments:

  1. since rabbits are super rare now, might as well add into your gem knights?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But to what end? I mean, they could help me make quick Rank 4 Xyz Monsters, but without Lavalval Chain, there's nothing really worth making. Also, I don't want to have to run Gem-Knight Tourmaline or Sapphire if we don't have Lavalval Chain.

      Basically, I'll try out Rescue Rabbit once we get Lavalval Chain, since I do have two Rescue Rabbits.

      Delete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.