Saturday, January 14, 2012

Random Stuff #39

So, I've finally started dueling random people on "The Network" (that's what Katana calls Dueling Network, and sickpenguin, Evilhamsdwch, and I all make fun of that).  So far, I have 20 wins and no losses, but that doesn't really mean anything.  Seeing as how it's Dueling Network and my rating was low from having just started, I just played a bunch of newbs in a row.  This doesn't really help me, because I'm trying to get 100+ rep so that I can take that Admin Exam that they're having.  I've seen some pretty bad rulings made by the admins there, and I want to fix that.

EDIT: And my 34-win streak has been broken by a guy who went first and opened with Manju, Advanced Ritual Art, Kristya, Dark Factory of Mass Destruction, Ritual Weapon, and some other card.  He started with Manju, Kristya, and Herald of Perfection with Ritual Weapon out and three Normal Fairies in hand to negate my cards with.  He went on to say how he's so good because he opened up with Herald of Perfection 15 games in a row.  Yeah...

But, back to the main problem.  Since a majority of the people I've played so far just quit instead of hitting the Admit Defeat button, I don't gain any rep from those duels.  You get +1 rep when your opponent admits defeat, and you get +2 rep when you admit defeat, but if one player just quits, then neither player gains any rep.  Because of this, I only have 9 rep after 20 duels... Getting to 100 may take a while...

On another note, I was planning on going to the ORCS Sneak Preview at the card shop I usually go to for tournaments.  That's because I couldn't make it to the tournament they held yesterday, and I couldn't make it to the Regional today.  So, I was planning on going tomorrow, but they ran out of packs, and will instead be having their usual tournament.  Yay!

I didn't really want much from ORCS besides Number C39 Utopia Ray, which should be easy enough to get, and Gogogo Giant and Photon Thrasher, which are Rares.  I would like to have some Inzektors and some of the Xyz Monsters in the pack, but I think I'll wait until the prices cool down for those.

So, the next big event for me is a Regional on March 10, then YCS Long Beach on March 24-25.  They'll be right after the ban list, so hopefully all of the big decks will be hit by the ban list.  Otherwise it'll just be a swarm of Inzektors (pun intended).  I guess that we shall see...

Also, I have to decide on what deck to take to locals tomorrow.  It's the same dilemma of whether to take Scrap Worms, which is slow but has a great match-up against Stun decks, or T.G. Zombies, which is faster but has some problems against Stun decks.  I like T.G. Zombies more, since it's more flexible and I can make so many different plays, but there are too many Six Samurai players at locals now.  It kind of forces me to run Scrap Worms... It feels as though Heavy Storm was never taken off of the ban list, since so many people still play Stun decks...

1 comment:

  1. Yeah some people can be douchey when it comes to leaving rep. And I also agree that the judges can be bad sometimes. Whatever. Take it all in stride I suppose. lol.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.