Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tournament Report 4/6/13 & 4/7/13

EDIT: The deck profile video for my Kaijudo deck is up.  I've linked to it in the post.

The reason why this post is coming out relatively late is because I went to the Kaijudo Duel Day this morning.  But that'll be discussed in the last part of this post; first is the usual Vanguard tournaments.  So yeah...

I went to the usual card shop yesterday, and neither my friend who plays Vanguard nor Riku were able to make it.  So, I just played my Dark Irregulars deck and such.  There were 13 players there, which is more than usual, but half of them were little kids whom I had never seen before.

I played against a little kid and his Narukami deck in the first round; I just made 20k columns to win, since he didn't have Vermillion.  My second round opponent was Aki's Round 3 opponent in this Vanguard team tournament; he was still playing Soulless Oracle Think Tank, and I was able to win with my ridiculous columns since Coco is 10k.  I won the third round against my Round 2 opponent from last weekend's morning Vanguard tournament because he's playing Reijy Dark Irregulars and doesn't really know what he's doing.  So I was undefeated going into the final round.  My opponent was my Round 2 opponent from the Set 5 draft tournament, and he was playing The End Kagero.  He got gradestuck on Grade 2 for most of the game, but kept getting Critical Triggers on his drive checks, so he was able to keep up pretty well.  However, without his 11k defense, I was able to beat him up with my 20k columns and such, so I won.

So I went undefeated and got 1st place.  That won me six packs of EB01.  Out of those packs and the entry pack of EB01, I pulled a third ZANBAKU and a Miss Mist.  The ZANBAKU was nice, since I think three is enough to serve as a back-up Vanguard in any post-Set 9 Murakumo deck.  I got the Tachikaze card from the promo pack, so that was bad.

After a while, my friend who plays Vanguard showed up.  He told me that he traded his Ergodiel Angel Feather deck for another Spectral Duke Gold Paladin deck, so now he has two.  He then explained that he planned on selling one of them to make a Majesty Lord Blaster deck, like he wanted all along.  But yeah, he'll probably do that this week, and end up using the Majesty Lord deck for the team tournaments.  And since Riku has sold his Dark Irregulars deck to make a The End Kagero deck, we're going to be just like every other team in the sense that we'll have crossride player(s).

Anyways, I showed my friend the fixed-up Kaijudo deck I made for him.  It's now a Fire/Water/Darkness mid-range deck that uses Kindrix the Psionic.  He wanted to use Kindrix because he claims it looks like Glory Maelstrom, so yeah... It ended up being much better than the previous version of the deck, which wasn't saying much.  But yeah, it was a viable deck.

Then, like usual, we went to the other card shop for the evening Vanguard tournament.  There were about 20 players there, and three of them were using Neo Nectar for some reason.  My Round 3 opponent from this evening Vanguard tournament ended up deciding to make a Spectral Duke Dragon deck and borrowed one from one of his friends.  He then lent my friend his Majesty Lord deck.  It's a little more complicated than that, but that's the general idea.  Regardless, I borrowed my friend's Pale Moon deck once again.  I requested that he make a few changes to the deck, and he did: replace Skull Jugglers with Dark Metal Bicorns and add Skyhigh Walkers.

Round 1: vs Gold Paladin (Spectral Duke)

I was paired up against the guy from whom my friend was borrowing the Majesty Lord deck.  We get paired up in the first round quite a bit... Anyways, he ended up getting the ride chain all three games, so he rushed me with the free cards he got.  I was able to win one game because he got gradestuck on Grade 1.

XOX

Round 2: vs Kagero

This guy was a new player using the Amber Dragon ride chain.  He asked me for tips and stuff so that he could get better, so that's good.  The main thing I told him was to not run the Amber Dragon ride chain, since he had a Conroe.  But yeah, I won with my 21k columns pretty easily, although our match went into time.

OO

Seeing as how that match went into time despite the fact that I 2-0'd him, I asked the tournament organizer how long the time limit for each round was.  30 minutes.  That's ridiculously short for Vanguard, since one game can take as long as 30 minutes or more provided both players are competent.  I'm going to see if I can complain about it next weekend, but we'll see.

Round 3: vs Gold Paladin (Spectral Duke)

My opponent was a little kid who had borrowed the deck he was using from another little kid.  He won the second game because he got the ride chain, but I won the first and third games because he didn't get the ride chain in those games.  I ended up winning the third game in time because the time limit is too short.

OXO

With that, they cut to Top 8.  My friend and my Round 1 opponent were both undefeated, so that was good and that helped my tie-breakers, respectively.  I ended up making it into the Top 8.

Top 8: vs Neo Nectar

So apparently the three Neo Nectar players all made Top 8.  I was up against one of them, and my friend was playing against another.  My opponent didn't have a complete deck, which is weird since it's Neo Nectar; it's probably the second cheapest deck in Vanguard or something... Anyways, I won 2-0 because I didn't let his on-hit effects through and I was able to make 20k columns.

OO

My friend also won his match against the other Neo Nectar player, and the third Neo Nectar player ended up playing against a Spectral Duke deck and lost.  So, all of the Neo Nectar players got knocked out of the Top 8, as it should be.  I have nothing against Neo Nectar, and I actually like the clan, but the deck isn't very good at all at this point in time.  I mean, it's practically a vanilla deck with some inconsequential on-hit effects.  Seriously, most decks in Vanguard are relatively bad, and Neo Nectar is one of them, at least until Set 8 is released.

Back to the actual tournament report, the other two players in the Top 4 besides my friend and I were the person who lent the Majesty Lord deck to my friend and my Top 4 opponent from last weekend's evening Vanguard tournament.  We all decided to split the prizes for Top 4, getting five packs each.  My friend got Set 5 in an attempt to pull some Majesty Lord stuff, but ended up pulling The End instead, which was good.  I got Set 7 in an attempt to pull some Pale Moon stuff, mainly Popcorn Boys.  My friend's Pale Moon deck was using two Candy Clowns and two Popcorn Boys, and I wanted to replace the ugly Candy Clowns.  Unfortunately, I didn't pull anything I wanted.

Regardless, it was a pretty good day, having won a total of eleven packs.  Afterwards, my friend and I played some more Kaijudo and such.  He also decided to give me his Pale Moon cards because he has owed me a bunch of money for a while, since I've been buying him food and paying his tournament entry fees fairly often.  So I said I'd take the Pale Moon deck as payment, and he agreed.  I really like the deck, since it can make 21k columns so easily and consistently along with having some other nice tricks.  In addition, there are so many different builds I could use so that if I ever get bored of the current version of the deck, I could try various other builds.

Anyways, I was able to go to the Kaijudo Duel Day on the following day (today) with Aki.  My friend who plays Vanguard showed up, and I paid his entry fee with the condition that I'd get any cards that he got, and seeing as how he doesn't even want Kaijudo cards and just wanted to play, it worked out for both of us.  I was using my Light/Water/Darkness Cobalt Control deck, Aki was using his Fire/Water Dragon Rush deck, and my friend was using the deck I built for him (Fire/Water/Darkness Kindrix mid-range).  There were 15 players there, including Fwazalaza and some other Kaijudo regulars.

Round 1: vs Light/Water/Darkness Control

He told me after the match that his good Light cards like Andromeda and Lyra were in his brother's deck, so I don't really know why he was running Light.

-Duel 1: He dropped two small blockers (Scaradorable and Star Lantern, I think), so I was able to punish him with two Fumes.  After having to discard two cards over two turns, he soon ran out of cards, so winning the game through attrition was fairly straightforward from there.
-Duel 2: I was able to use Fumes again to punish him for dropping Creatures early, and I was able to clear out what he had from there pretty easily.  Cobalt and Andromeda ensured that he wasn't going to be winning through battle.

OO

Round 2: vs Mono-Darkness

My friend who plays Vanguard lost to this guy in the first round, so I had to avenge him.

-Duel 1: He didn't open with the early aggression that I'm used to seeing from mono-Dark (I did have a mono-Dark deck before, so I know how it plays), so I was able to take my time killing his Scavenging Chimeras.  Those Scavenging Chimeras are basically the only way for mono-Dark to gain steady advantage, so I just dealt with those, then dropped Andromeda three times in one game (Dark Return is good) to win.
-Duel 2: He didn't get his Scavenging Chimeras, so I was able to win pretty easily.  He kept dropping Dark Scaradorables to break my shields one at a time, though.  He got me down to one shield before I dropped Andromeda, then Cobalt, to protect myself before going for game.

OO

At this point, my friend who plays Vanguard, whom I avenged, was 0-2, and ended up getting the bye for the third round.  Also for the third round, Aki was paired up against Fwazalaza, who was using his weird Storm Patrol deck.

Round 3: vs Water/Light

This guy was running Skyforce Champion, Enforcer, and Cyber Lord Evolutions.  His deck wasn't really complete, and he admitted that it was a fluke that he was undefeated so far.

-Duel 1: He didn't get to evolve anything since his deck lacked focus, so I was able to whittle away at his card advantage and win with Andromeda, which he has exactly zero answers to.
-Duel 2: I kept killing the Creatures he put onto the field to prevent any potential Evolutions.  I played Andromeda, then Cobalt, and broke four of his five shields in one turn.  He couldn't kill me on the following turn, so I finished him off after that.

OO

At this point, the last two undefeated players were Aki and myself.  That was quite nice.

From there, to ensure that both of us would get Top 2 (tie-breakers could give the loser a lower ranking), I figured out our current tie-breakers.  My Round 2 opponent and my Round 3 opponent were paired against each other, so one of my tie-breakers would be 3-1 and the other would be 2-2.  My Round 1 opponent was 1-2 and dropped after losing the third round to Aki's Round 2 opponent.  Fwazalaza was 2-1, of course, and his Round 4 opponent dropped, meaning that he would be 3-1.  Aki's other two previous opponents were both 2-1, I think.  One of them ended up winning, and the other one lost, so Aki's final tie-breakers were 3-1, 3-1, and 2-2.  Mine ended up being 3-1, 2-2, 1-3.

So, we decided that I would get the win, since Aki had better tie-breakers, to ensure that he'd get 2nd place.  We also played Duel Masters for fun, and I ended up winning 2-0, so it's not like I didn't earn the win, ha ha.

Apparently my friend's opponent for Round 4 dropped as well so he basically got another bye, meaning that he lost every match he played in today.  That's alright, since he's fairly new to the game and doesn't get much practice, so he'll get better as he continues to play.

But yeah, I ended up getting 1st place, winning 8 packs, and Aki got 2nd place, winning 4 packs.  Seeing as how we share our Kaijudo cards, we basically just won 12 packs altogether.  We also got our entry packs, including my friend's entry pack, so we got a total of 15 packs.  1st and 2nd place also each got a promo, so I got Dorado and Aki got Billion-Degree Dragon; we just wanted to have one of each just in case, though we're not planning on using either.  From the 15 packs, we pulled two Ragefire Tatsurions (that makes four...), a Sok'ran the Untamed (that makes three...), and a Dracothane of the Abyss, which is the last Super Rare from DragonStrike Infernus that we needed.  That will probably go into my deck, since it's pretty good.

The shopkeeper also raffled off four more promos.  Fwazalaza got a Billion-Degree Dragon, but I don't know who got the other three.  And there were actually enough people for a prize for 3rd place.  My Round 2 opponent ended up getting 3rd place, and he also asked Aki and I if he could profile our decks for his YouTube channel.  Aki's deck was pretty self-explanatory (it's Dragon Rush), and he was pretty tired, so he didn't feel like it.  But I let them do a deck profile for my deck.

EDIT: The deck profile video is now up on their channel.

After the tournament, my friend and Aki played some more Kaijudo while I re-sleeved the Pale Moon deck.  He hadn't given me the deck yet, since he wanted to keep his Misaki sleeves (the deck was in Misaki sleeves, which is random, but alright...), so I un-sleeved the deck and sleeved it using generic white sleeves while they played Kaijudo.

My friend expressed an interest in Aki's Dragon Rush deck and contemplated making one for himself.  So, he may buy a box of DragonStrike Infernus, get Hyperspeed Dragons and Foulbyrns, then trade me for staple-esque stuff that he might need, like Tornado Flame, and he'll have the deck.  He's still thinking about it, though.

As for next week, my friend, Riku, and I will all be going to the Vanguard tournaments on Saturday.  We'll be going to the usual card shop for their morning tournament so we can do some last-minute testing for the decks we'll be using in the Team League tournament that the other card shop will be having in the evening.  The way it is right now, I'll probably use Pale Moon, my friend will probably use Majesty Lord but may use Spectral Duke instead, and Riku will be using The End.  We aren't completely certain on the team order, or maybe I'm just saying that in case any rival teams read my blog so they won't know our strategy...

But yeah, that's the plan for next weekend.  I won't be going to the Kaijudo tournament because I'll likely be busy.  Oh, and we don't need any more of the promos...

30 comments:

  1. I always have the feeling that the reason you win all the time is because all the others are simply bad players. If you keep dueling those bad players, I think you will get "downgraded" if you know what I mean. Try battling other pro Kaijudo or Vanguard players that you know very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a valid point, but there's not much I can do about it.

      For Kaijudo, the only Kaijudo players I know are the ones who went to the tournament. The game just started, so there aren't that many players, yet. Most of the existing players in my area don't want to invest money in the game, so they came to the tournament with incomplete decks. From what I saw, one person had a complete "Blurple" deck, but everyone else was using much less expensive or incomplete decks.

      As for Vanguard, it's such a simple game that it doesn't really matter who you play against. The simplicity of the game means that there are right and wrong plays. Not good and bad, but right and wrong, as in, there are plays that are objectively correct and there are plays that are objectively incorrect. You don't really need to play against better players to learn that. And it's not like there are many good Vanguard players; as you know, most Vanguard players are bad players...

      Delete
  2. You what? You let the stranger profile your deck onto youtube for peoples of all over the world to net deck?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, what's wrong with that? I mean, I feature the deck on my YouTube channel in duels, so people should be able to figure it out if they really want to.

      And the player's skill means a lot in Kaijudo, so just because you give them a proven deck doesn't mean they can win with it. Not only that, but a player's deck should reflect their play-style, otherwise that player may not be able to play the deck properly. Straight net-decking won't get you very far, but understanding why certain players use the cards they do can help you become a better player.

      I mean, I used a lot of the ideas that EarthP0w3r discussed when he profiled his own WDL Control deck, but I didn't agree with all of his card choices, so I made my deck differently. So, by letting someone profile my deck, I was able to share my views on the cards I used and why I didn't use certain other cards.

      And by discussing my card choices with the person who profiled my deck, I was also able to learn a little bit more about my own card choices. A lot of the things I put in the deck, I just took for granted. During the video, I had to think of a reason as to why I played Keeper of Dawn, and at first I said, "I felt like it was a good choice." I hadn't really thought about why until I discussed it for the profile. I mean, I knew that Keeper of Dawn is a good card and that it works well with the other cards in the deck, but I didn't think about the specific card interactions that it enables before then.

      So, if your only concern is that now people will know my deck list and will be able to copy it, I'm not really worried about that. If that's the case, then I'll know how to win against them, especially if they just blindly copy my deck. Besides, the tournament was a good was to test the current build of the deck, which was mostly just based on theory, so now I'll be able to fix it according to how it worked during the tournament.

      Delete
  3. About the Team Order for Vanguard, I always assume the leader of the Vanguard team is always the strongest among the 3 while the other 2 are weaker.

    So I might suggest that you send your weakest member to be the leader, while you and the other member tackles on the other 2. Chances are if the weakest lost to the strongest leader, you and the other have the high chance of beating the weaker 2 members. Just a hunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not a bad idea, but you have to remember that player skill doesn't really mean much in Vanguard.

      Either way, we already have a general idea of how we'll form the team. We'll just finalize it when we meet up in the morning at the usual card shop, since the team tournament isn't until the evening.

      Delete
    2. I pray to the goddess of the sun that the ray of hope will guide your team to victory.

      Delete
  4. Go beat that Brandon Smith team, Grunty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lightgrunty, is it feasible to add CBT and TQT to spectral duke build for 9k boost? If gigatech destroyer boosted by TQT, it's 21k column.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm assuming that you're talking about Crimson Beast Tamer and Turquoise Beast Tamer. You really shouldn't use obscure acronyms like that.

      But to answer your question, no, it wouldn't be worth it. You'd likely have to sacrifice your ride chain in order to get Crimson Beast Tamer into the soul, which is terrible, seeing as how you'd want to ride the Grade 2 Vortimer.

      Delete
    2. Is CBT and TBT splashable in any non-chain ride clan deck though? If yes, which deck is better to put those in?

      Delete
    3. I doubt the usefulness of using Crimson Beast Tamer in a non-Pale Moon deck, but I suppose it's possible. I can't really think of any deck that such an idea would work well with at the moment, though.

      Delete
  6. Are they kids among the 15 Kaijudo players?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were a few younger teenagers, but no little kids.

      Delete
  7. Where you get the money to buy Kaijudo packs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the money I saved by quitting Yu-Gi-Oh. Just kidding, but not having to spend a bunch on Yu-Gi-Oh does help.

      The main reason why I have money to spend on Kaijudo is because I don't waste all of my money the second I get it. I'm quite frugal, which is part of the reason why I played more obscure, creative decks in Yu-Gi-Oh instead of shelling out money for meta decks. So, when the time comes that something I want to buy comes out, like Kaijudo cards, I have the money to buy them.

      Delete
    2. I wonder. A yugioh prophecy deck costs over 670$. I heard mermail deck cost over 1000$. Vanguard decks of various clan cost from 80$-200$. So how much does the well-made Kaijudo deck cost?

      Delete
    3. It's really tough to judge, since there really isn't a market for Kaijudo cards at the moment. I'm sure you could find Kaijudo singles on eBay and such, but those prices probably wouldn't be representative of the price of the card throughout the country.

      You could make a pretty good Kaijudo deck with nothing but Commons, Uncommons, and Rares. Obviously, having cards like Andromeda or Emperor Neuron would be good, but they're not completely necessary.

      In fact, Aki's deck doesn't use any holos besides Infernus, Kindrix, and Foulbyrn, the latter of which is much like a tin promo in Yu-Gi-Oh, except that you get a playset when you buy the "tin" so you don't have to go out and buy three. And to be honest, Aki's deck doesn't even really need Infernus and Kindrix.

      My deck is probably one of the more expensive ones. The cost of the Andromedas, Lyras, and Cobalts would probably be the majority of the price-tag of the deck. But I don't think it'd cost more than $200, especially since I don't use Razorkinder Puppet.

      Speaking of which, Razorkinder Puppet is an amazing card, one that doesn't really have a replacement. But you don't have to play all of the best cards just to win. Kaijudo is very rewarding of skill, both when building your deck and when playing in a duel. So, as long as you know what you're doing, you could do very well with just a budget deck.

      Delete
  8. I have a gut feeling that you might just top Kaijudo if there is a national. Just a hunch. Oh, since you are so knowledgeable on card game, I want to ask, is Scarlet Witch Coco deck able to hold her ground against crossride?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, there are no Kaijudo Master Challenges near where I live, so I may not be able to go to any, meaning that I wouldn't be able to even qualify for the Kaijudo National Championship.

      As for Soulless OTT, it can do well against crossrides if you build the deck correctly. By that, I mean don't use a bunch of Silent Toms which can't make 18k columns. Use 11k attackers like Mocha and Glace with 7k boosters like Circle Magus, Omelet, and Dark Cat so that you can make 18k rear-guard columns.

      Delete
  9. I hate D/W/N ramp using Skull Shatter. I pretty much have no outs, as I run Cobalt Control that focuses on early game card advantage...pointless when the opponent Turn 5 or Turn 6 Skull Shatters my hand away and follows up with Dracothane :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd probably have to adapt your play-style in that match-up and become more aggressive. The fact that you run Cobalt helps a lot.

      And if they're using Skull Shatter by turn six, then they must've wasted a few cards on ramping. Either that or they wasted a few turns playing underwhelming stuff like Bronze-Arm Tribe. As long as you don't horde your cards, then their Skull Shatter shouldn't put you too far behind.

      Delete
    2. Nah, Bronze-Arm Tribe doesn't see much play when Reap and Sow exists.

      I'm talking more about decks like: http://www.todomeda.proboards.com/index.cgi? board=opreport&action=display&thread=219

      Where they run max Sprout/Energize/Reap&Sow, and get to 8 before you can, following it up with a triple monster summon in Dracothane if they hit their curve.

      My version of Cobalt can't really get too aggressive early, I'll probably have to swap some cards to compensate. Ideal curve currently is some combination of chump blockers early (Chasm Entangler, Grudge Weaver), cards like Logos Scan/Bone Blades/Rusalka/Trial&Error midgame, and the finishers late (Cobalt, Lyra, Andromeda, and various Darkness removal and Light tapping). I'm blocking an attack that isn't coming and drawing cards I can't keep in that matchup.

      That, or bank my hopes on surviving post-Shatter with the shields they break. Between Crystal Memory and Skull Shatter itself, its rare they won't hit me with it.

      Delete
    3. That's a very intriguing deck. I don't really know what to tell you, though, since that thread contains a very detailed conversation about the deck. If I were you, I'd play (more) Fumes because it really helps against decks like that, and is just good in general.

      Also, why are you playing Grudge Weaver and Trial and Error? I feel like they don't really fit well in a Cobalt deck, so I'd like to hear your opinion.

      Delete
  10. First off, I'm a budget player for the most part (only about $300-400 into the game total, and I share cards with my two sons). So that affects some of my decisions.

    I went into making my deck with the idea that it will likely be disadvantaged in the mirror match, but have an edge against Aggro and Rush that a typical control player won't have, be it card advantage or more outs. For that same reason, I'm only running 40 cards, when it seems to be the norm for control to run 42-50 to avoid deck-out. I don't want a game running that long, when I don't have the superior endgame anyway.

    Here's what I have right now:

    Light: 16

    Chasm Entangler x3 Blinder Beetle x3 Keeper of Dawn x3 Grand Gure x1 Lyra, the Blazing Sun x1 * Cobalt, the Storm Knight x3 Andromeda of the Citadel x2

    Darkness: 14

    Grudge Weaver x3 Bone Blades x3 Razorkinder Puppet x1 * Terror Pit x3 Razorkinder x2 Skull Shatter x1 Megaria, the Collector x1

    Water: 10

    Logos Scan x3 Rusalka, Aqua Chaser x3 Trial and Error x3 Rapids Lurker Wwhhshrll x1

    I like Grudge Weaver because it plays the combination role of Specter Claw and anti-rush (eats a Belly Belcher, Magris, or at least saves 1-2 shields while making them discard). And I like Trial and Error because I believe drawing 3 is a significant advantage over Spy Mission, even if its still a +1 play. I traded away my only Crystal Memory, I was never impressed with it as a 1-of tech. I also traded away a second Lyra, because of needs in other decks (got a playset of Stormspark Blast and playset of Barrage, had 0 of both).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd run more Lyra and Razorkinder Puppet at 6 mana if I owned more, but I don't. As for your idea of Fumes...a 2000 body doesn't get me far when I don't want to break shields, and at best would be trading with the likes of Aqua Seneshal or a Fire Bird. I like how Barrage-resistant my deck is (the only targets are blockers that won't cause a shield blast, and Blinder Beetle who is there as evo-bait and late game tapping, I often enough finish a game off a Blinder Beetle x2 or Blinder into Cobalt play).

    There's a good chance I'd run a playset of Stormspark Blast if I had spare, but the three I have are being used by one of my sons. That being said, I'm already a bit Light-heavy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I can tell, the only advantage your deck has against Rush decks that other Control decks don't have is Grudge Weaver. Blinder Beetle doesn't do much if you can't put something out before it. That's why I play Canyon Skimmer and Aqua Seneschal, the former of which is good against both Control and Rush.

      I see what you mean about Trial and Error; seeing that extra card and having a little extra control over your discard pile can make a difference. I guess it's just a preference choice, though, since that extra cost turns people away from it.

      As for Fumes, I don't see what you dislike about it. Being able to kill a Fire Bird after forcing a discard isn't a bad play. I suppose you'll need a Blinder Beetle to tap their creature most of the time, but that's not really what I use it for anyways. Just being able to force my opponent to discard at that point in the game is very powerful. Against aggressive opponents, by the time you get to play it, they'll only have a couple of cards in their hand, so you'd be able to effectively mess up their strategy. I think it fits well with your idea of having a better match-up against Rush while sacrificing the Control match-up.

      Delete
    2. Cobalt has to have something to evolve from, and I'm only running six cards (3 chasm entanglers, 3 blinder beetles) for three copies of Cobalt. Cutting any of those means cutting one or more Cobalts, something I don't want to do.

      Fumes is a good card, I just would usually rather Bone Blades/Logos Scan/Rusalka on the turn he would come out. I could see about running 1-2 over, say, my teched Rapid Lurker/Grand Gure.

      Delete
    3. I didn't suggest cutting any of the Enforcers, well, except maybe Blinder Beetle, which could be replaced with Canyon Skimmer.

      Delete
    4. That's actually not a bad idea...I'll have to see how many I have spare. Thanks for the tip

      Delete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.