Sunday, July 28, 2013

Tournament Report 7/27/13

I went to locals as usual yesterday.  I was busy in the morning, so I just went to the evening Vanguard tournament with my friend who plays Vanguard and the fourth Snogal.  Apparently, my friend went and built a Shadow Paladin deck.  He borrowed cards from Aki, and he's probably going to sell the remainder of the deck to Aki when he's done with it.  I don't know, they'll figure it out.

He decided to use that deck for the tournament.  The fourth Snogal was using his Ezel Gold Paladin deck, and I was using my Arboros Dragon Neo Nectar deck.  There were 10 other players there, none of whom were good.

Round 1: vs Narukami

I was playing against a little kid with a Trial Deck.  I got gradestuck for one turn in the first game, and didn't get my ride chain either game, but I still won 2-0.

OO

Round 2: vs Aqua Force

I was paired down against a little kid with a terrible Aqua Force deck.  He drew a bunch of Grade 1's both games and just threw them all down.  As soon as I rode to Grade 2, all of his columns became garbage, so I won easily.

OO

So at this point, there were four undefeated players.  They were the three members of Team Snogal, and a little kid with Spike Brothers.

Round 3: vs Shadow Paladin

I was up against my friend, and the fourth Snogal was playing against the little kid with Spike Brothers.  Since I had worse tie-breakers than my friend, we decided that I would get the win.  Then, we played a match with me using my Dark Irregulars.  I won the first game because Stand Triggers are really good and I pushed through his two-to-pass with two Heal Triggers.  I won the second game with Dark Lord of Abyss' Limit Break and two Doreens boosting rear-guard Amons to make 23k columns.

OO

The fourth Snogal beat the little kid, so the three of us made it into the Top 4.  My friends were paired against each other, and I had to play against the other person who made it into the Top 4.  The prizes for yesterday were a box of EB06 for 1st place and 5 packs of EB06 for 2nd place.  My friends just told me to win so we could get all of the prizes again, so that's what I did.

Top 4: vs Narukami

This was my Round 3 opponent from last weekend's evening Vanguard tournament.  He had at least two Vermillions this time, and he still used Koh Koh... I won the first game because he didn't put boosters behind his rear-guards.  I had to copy a Dancing Sunflower with the ride chain effect, but at least I had 8k boosters with Limit Break.  I won the second game despite him getting two sixth-damage Heal Triggers because I filled my back row with Corolla Dragons and he kept drawing Grade 3's.

OO

So Team Snogal took all of the prizes, again.  We pulled a Labrador, a Grade 3 Coral, two Clears, and an Eternal Idol, Pacifica.  My friend decided to make a Bermuda Triangle deck out of the cards we pulled, and it was pretty bad.  He still wants to improve upon it by winning more packs, though.

In other news, the fourth Snogal was able to get me almost all of the cards that I needed for a Rumble Gun/Dungaree Narukami deck.  I still need one more Guld from Set 9, but the rest of the deck is done.  And once Set 12 comes out, I can convert it to a Dungaree crossride deck.

And, I didn't go to the Kaijudo tournament this morning because I was too tired.  I'll probably go next week.  I mean, it's not like I needed more holo Sprouts...

6 comments:

  1. Just curious, what is this blog current view count right now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 269810 pageviews. I put it at the bottom of the page a while ago, but I guess it broke or something, since it doesn't show the pageviews anymore.

      Delete
    2. Is that considered good since this blog afterall has been going on for years.

      Delete
    3. I don't know if it would be considered good. I don't really pay much attention to the pageviews.

      Delete
    4. So how many view count do you receive per day on average?

      Delete
    5. It's something like 100 per day.

      Delete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.