Friday, June 14, 2013

Random Stuff #53

So I've been on summer break for about two days, and I'm already bored.  I used to have so much homework that I didn't have free time during the week, but now that that's gone, I don't know what to do with all this time I have.  First world problems...  Anyways, I'm going to start summer classes in less than two weeks, so I'll only have about a week of free time to be bored with.

The weekend before summer school starts, Aki and I will be going to Las Vegas for the Kaijudo Master Challenge there on June 22.  I've been watching videos of duels from various KMC's (mostly uploaded by EarthP0w3r and CVH), and honestly, the skill level of the players that I've seen is significantly lower than what I expected.  I guess I just expected everyone to be better than the players at my locals, but most of them aren't.  I guess that Kaijudo just started less than a year ago, so the level of play isn't going to be spectacular, and the players at my locals are relatively good, so I shouldn't worry too much about the KMC, I suppose.

But yeah, I've just been getting my Megabug deck ready.  I'm going to try a LFN build this weekend and see how that works.  My thoughts right now are that I should have a relatively good match-up against Dragon-based decks because they usually don't play a bunch of Blockers, but I may have trouble with non-Dragon-based Control decks.

I could probably play a LWD Control deck, but I really rather not play a 60-card deck and lose because I didn't draw my Logos Scans in the mirror match.  I think that I should be able to outspeed Control decks with this new LFN Megabug build, but we'll see what happens.  I mean, if I could outspeed control with LDN, then it should be a lot easier with Fire instead of Darkness.  I may miss that control aspect that the Darkness section brought to the deck, but it just slowed the deck down too much, causing me to lose to Control.

So yeah, I'll be able to practice with my new deck tomorrow.  My Vanguard friend and I decided to stop playing in Vanguard tournaments, at least until Set 10 is released.  There's just no point in continuing to play since both of the tournaments are filled with little kids who are either really bad and win through trigger-sack or play really boring decks to play against like The End or Spectral Duke.  So, we're done with Vanguard for a while.

My friend is going to start spending his money on Kaijudo instead.  He already got some more starter decks (the General Skycrusher ones) so that he could fix his deck.  We'll see how that goes tomorrow.

Anyways, I guess I'll go back to being bored...

4 comments:

  1. Does kaijudo has any search engine cards?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are several cards in Kaijudo that can search through your deck for other cards. The more generic one is Crystal Memory, which can search for any card in your deck, but there are also more specific ones like Gigahorn Charger. There are also some narrower search cards that search the top few cards of your deck like Reef Prince Glu-urrgle, Mana Tick, and Logic Cube.

      Delete
  2. So how is your practise with the new megabug deck?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been alright. I used it in today's Kaijudo tournament, so I'll discuss it more in the tournament report.

      Delete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.